Lt. Blackwell- Field Trip

1 view

T M

Nov 26, 2022, 8:57:55 PM11/26/22
to Starbase118

(( Eastern Most Edge of the Rakantha Province, Bajor ))

Rue had been glad to hear from Alora with the offer of a brief historical expedition, and then somewhat hesitant when she realized they would be going back to Bajor.

Bajor itself, was a lovely, fascinating planet. However, memories were still rather fresh of the brush with danger, and she felt a strange trepidation.

However, she reminded herself that fear was often, irrational, and that he..or she who dared, would come out ahead. So of course, she said yes.

Walking behind Alora along the idyllic bajoran landscape, she felt the warmth on her skin, a fragrant breeze brushing her hair.  That trepidation had melted away as they walked further into the landscape that was dappled with wild flowers, with rocks wrapped in a sprawling ivy, with vibrant colors giving everything a sense of a painted landscape -perfect, simple, and singular.

DeVeau: Certainly a beautiful area.

Sol nodded.

McLaren: Mmhmm, very beautiful.

Blackwell: Bucolic really

Renot: ?

DeVeau: No, it really isn’t.  It says people will come here, but it

doesn’t seem to be a particularly popular tourist attraction.

McLaren: Thats a shame... but I guess people only like the more well known place.

Blackwell: It’s like something out of a novel about going on a great adventure, or an Austen novel where the main character is walking the hills thinking of the love she pines for. ::She laughed softly:: What inspired this trip, Alora?

Renot: ?

DeVeau: I just thought it might be nice to visit some place off the

beaten path.

McLaren: Well, I appreciate the invite. Been a while since I could sit back and relax for a bit.

Blackwell: Agreed - it is nice to get out and just enjoy and explore

Renot: ?

As they moved along, she found a small outcrop of rocks, and she stepped atop one, getting a bit more height to her slight figure, looking over the landscape. .

McLaren: One good thing about coming to such an out of the way place... we dont have to deal with other tourists who want to see things.

Blackwell: Not one for enjoying tourists traps?

Renot/DeVeau: ?

McLaren: Its just a hassle to look around an explore when you might be bumnping into a bunch of other people... its nice to have the time to really look around and see things.

Blackwell: That is true - sometimes you really do have to take the path less traveled to really see the world.

Renot/DeVeau: ?

McLaren: Who knows what we'll find here... :: She paused. :: Probably nothing given even the archaeologists didnt find all that much... but still, just think of the possibilities.

Blackwell: There’s a reason why certain discoveries took decades to find even with multiple experts working on them. Sometimes it just takes the right set of eyes or hands at the time…coupled with a bit of luck.

Renot/DeVeau: ?

Blackwell: Oh, when I was a child, I always wanted to go to places like Pompei, or explore old settlements from the Vikings. ::a soft smile, nostalgic and whimsical:: However, my father was more interested in a different sort of archaeology.

Renot/DeVeau/Mclaren: ?

Blackwell: He was what…one might call Niched - he liked to find oddities of prior societies popculture - looking at the old technology, and things people used to find entertainment from…and the weirder and more strange, the better. ::pushing a bit of stray hair from her eyes, she shrugged::

Renot/DeVeau/Mclaren: ?

Blackwell: It was a fun, if eclectic upbringing. He had to have warehouses for all of the “artifacts” he had.

Renot/DeVeau/Mclaren: ?

--

Lt. Prudence Blackwell

Comms/Ops