Lieutenant JG Tito: Tito of all trades.

Bruno Abreu

Mar 6, 2022, 12:18:31 PM3/6/22
to StarBase 118 Ops a Star Trek PBEM RPG
((USS Rahuba, Science Lab 4))

Tito was assisting Commander DeVeau in keeping up with the probes. But something was off. Something was giving him a feeling there was a possible answer in there somewhere.

He was beginning to feel frustrated about this. Something in the back of his mind was ticking. He tried to recall when he last used those probes but…

Then he had his archimedean moment. He remembered.
He didn’t use them. He salvaged them, one of his odd jobs when he would do anything to get enough credits for his next drink or fix.
Driver coils, he scrapped some of those for their driver coils.

Could that be it? He didn’t recall anything, or any time else he used class four probes.

Tito: Is it possible that their drive coils frequency was the cause of the reaction?

It was full speculation, and he wasn’t just throwing ideas through the air. This was something he knew about. But again, he wasn’t a scientist.

Commander DeVeau turned toward him, her brow furrowed in thought.

DeVeau: That is a very good question.

Kevlak: response

Tito kept the probes flight under control as he saw the Commander leaning back in thought.

DeVeau: It’s well known that frequencies can affect other things, including anomalies, though it depends upon the subject and the origination of said frequency.

She was cut in her train of thought by the opening of a comline. She stood up to another console and Tito raised an eyebrow.

 Se’vayan: =/\= Hello? I want to speak to someone smart. =/\=

DeVeau: =/\=Hello?=/\=

Se’vayan: =/\=Hello.=/\=

Tito tapped the console that was managing the probes and slow them down, then he stood as well opening another station, tapping in a direct connection with his console on the bridge.

Tito: =/\= I am crossing over the information from the bridge to here.

A simple message that even heard from the other side of the line wouldn’t be misinterpreted and that let Commander DeVeau know what he was doing.

Kevlak: =/\= response

DeVeau: =/\=I’m Commander Alora DeVeau of the Starbase 118 Ops, currently of the USS Rahuba.  And to whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?=/\=

 Se’vayan: =/\= I am Healer Se’vayan of the Migration Ship Si’Laan.  =/\=

Tito didn’t recognize the words spoken. Considering they had traveled through time they might be facing a first contact situation. He quickly tapped on the console anticipating the Commander’s needs.
As if on cue she muted the link and turned to then.

DeVeau: Get me information.  Who did we come across?  I need that info, stat.

Tito tapped in the final commands and linked up the data he received with the station the Commander was on.

Tito: Already on it Commander, I sent you all the cross link data from the bridge. It looks like we have another ship nearby. It might be a first contact situation.

Kevlak: response

The Commander reactivated the com link.

DeVeau: =/\=Hail and well met ::More seriously.:: Are you in distress?=/\=

Tito moved back to the console controlling the probes and set them to full stop.
The last thing they needed now was one of them hitting the other ship.

Se’vayan: =/\= We are. We need assistance in-  …  =/\=

Tito tilted his head.

Tito: =/\= How can we assist you?

Kevlak: =/\= response

Before the contact could reply Commander Dal joined in.

Dal: =/\= Commander Dal to Commander DeVeau=/\=

DeVeau: =/\= ?

Dal: =/\= Were you contacted by a Doctor by the name of Se’vayan recently? =/\=

DeVeau: =/\= ?

Tito wrinkled his forehead. They were speaking to him right now, so what was this about?

Dal: =/\= I apologize, Commander.  We are working on contact with a new species called the Risu and their internal communication is astoundingly efficient, even compared to ours.=/\=

DeVeau: =/\= ?

Dal: =/\= Yes, we’ve made a good first contact and both parties are willing to help one another.  Their Speaker, which I believe is their leader indicates a wasting sickness on the ship which may be caused by the Jenatris cloud. =/\=

DeVeau: =/\= ?

Tito tilted his head. Interesting.

Dal: =/\= Yes, in return they have an astonishing scientific database, which may have the key to getting us back home. =/\=

DeVeau: =/\= ?

Well at least that was useful. So now they had something to work on and a first contact.
Not that bad considering they had time traveled to…
Somewhere and sometime.

DeVeau: =/\=My apologies, I was not aware.  How can we help? =/\=

Se’vayan: =/\= Where do I even start… you want access to our databases, correct? =/\=

DeVeau: =/\= response

Tito let the Commander handle this, since she was the First Officer. But just in case he blocked some key data to the CO and XO permissions.

Se’vayan: =/\= And what can you give in return? =/\=

Tito stepped in before the Commander.

Tito: =/\= Assistance and cooperation. Perhaps if you tell us more about your affliction we can share information?

DeVeau: =/\= response

Se’vayan: =/\= response

Tito tilted his head. Being a first contact he wasn’t going to risk an assessment based solely on this conversation. But he felt the Doctor wasn’t very trusting. Perhaps that was his human frailties and the fact he didn’t trust himself easily.

Tito: =/\= I am Lieutenant Tito. A pleasure to make your acquaintance Healer

DeVeau: =/\= response

Se’vayan: =/\= response

Tito turned to Commander DeVeau and didn’t hide that he wasn’t overly pleased by the Healer’s reply. But he managed, hopefully to disguise it in his voice. He was concerned himself on what they should or not share, but he wasn’t high enough in the command chain to make decisions, the best he could do was offer suggestions.

Tito: =/\= Considering both our leaders have agreed on this I believe we should go on and solve our problems as quickly as possible.

DeVeau: =/\= response

Se’vayan: =/\= response

Tito checked the probes, still stationary and shrugged at Commander DeVeau.

oO We were supposed to be searching for the anomaly so we can return, not making first contact. At least not us. Let someone else handle it. Besides, is there anything else I can do? I was a Nurse.I was a Scientist. Now I am what? A Diplomat? Oo

TAG/TBC

Lt. J. G. Vitor R.S.Tito
Intelligence Officer
Starbase 118