Lt. JG. Sheila Bailey -Making friends and adjustments (Tags: Hael)

Aly Drolet

Jan 4, 2020, 8:09:59 PM1/4/20
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

(OOC: This sim takes place after Bailey’s conversation with Malko in my sim ‘Time to talk.’ I imagine the Elaysian language to sound similar to Gaelic so pretend the song I use is actually in

((Earth - Starfleet headquarters grounds - Somewhere outside))

Sheila Bailey had finished talking with Malko some time ago and since then she had sat in her chair, not knowing what to do. She knew she would have to talk to Malko again at some point probably near the end of shoreleave. For now she was determined to find the things that would bring her joy.

For this she decided to go back down to the academy grounds. Here she sat in her chair, wearing a southwestern patterned mustard yellow t-shirt with a cactus design along with jeans and vintage heeled boots, among the flowers, the lavender, the sunflowers.

It reminded her of home. Elaysia had so many beautiful flowers, dark green color all year round. In the end she sat there singing, something she hadn’t done in a long time. Especially since she hadn’t sung in her native language in such a long time either. Mostly she sang opera but not today.

"Mo Ghile Mear" - Irish Gaelic Song

Singing brought the Elasyian woman great joy. Her voice was strong, powerful as well as soft and sweet. Sheila didn’t even notice the warm weather unlike last time she was in this location. She had of course remembered to take a container of drink (cold grape juice) with her; it sat in her lap while she sang.

Hael: Hiya ::he called out so not to startle the woman.:: Seems like we was just ‘ere, eh?

His smile was chipper, but there was a hint in his eyes to the contrary. Upon hearing the voice the woman stopped singing, the echo of her voice ringing out before ending. Wheeling around to see the owner of the voice Sheila was glad it was someone she knew. Well knew but hoped to know better.

Bailey: ::She took a sip of her cold grape juice from her water bottle before speaking:: You must have heard me singing.

Hael: Somethin’ like that'. ::he stuffed his hands in his pockets.:: How’s ya doin’, ya look good fer a gal who jus’ fought off crazy folks.

Sigh. That was a loaded question, one that Sheila didn't quite want to answer. She had just spent time telling Malko how things went. However it would be nice to have another friend she could come to about such matters if that was needed or if it even came to that

Bailey: I talked to Malko. You?

Hael: Ah - wells, worse I got was when we landed ::he chuckled.:: could’a been a lil’ softer. But Rue did bet’r then anyone’s I know, so reckons we was lucky.

Bailey only nodded. Everyone had been lucky; lucky every day. She herself didn’t feel extremely lucky herself but had been glad to still be with the land of the living.

Hael: You gots any plans? Off on’a adventure? Ain’ often we this far out from Ops fer leave.

Bailey: I have no family on Earth. No place I really want to visit. I just had to get away for awhile.

It was not like she was going to run away however now that she had the time to go anywhere on earth she really did want to get away. Maybe earth wasn’t the best place for her really; tied down with earth gravity. Sheila had been thinking of home for a good long while. Other than her uncle there the place was a paradise.

Hael: I’d be happy’s to walk with’ya’s get’a bit. If’n ya don’ be mindin’ the company ‘course.

Bailey: Sure, I’ve got no place to go. You want to go anywhere?

Hael: Response

Bailey: Sure, however San Francisco isn’t the most wheelchair friendly place.

A wheelchair unfriendly place was the last place Sheila wanted to be right now. If she had been by herself she would have gone back to the ship at this point. Nevertheless Sheila felt confident that the two of them could find a place that suited both of them.

Hael: Response

Bailey: My hip is still recovering hence why I’m not using my crutches.

If she had been using her crutches it wouldn’t have made a difference. Still no place that she fancied going. Either way she would be uncomfortable making her chair the best option in order to make her as comfortable as possible. This meant that she still had her hip brace on and ice packs to sit on. Funny enough the more she focused on it the more her mind came back to the fact that her exoskeleton still needed adjustments. It seemed to be one of those tasks that would never get done.

Hael: Response

Bailey: I’m sitting on ice packs.

Pulling herself in her chair to a stop she readied herself to ask her question. One she had asked a few different people in the past with no luck.

Bailey: I was hoping if you would be willing to take a look at my chair and exoskeleton. Provide so adjustments and maybe even some upgrades.

Hael: Response

Bailey: Sure we can talk about it over a meal. ::A smile came across her face thinking about the interesting engineering project she had left behind when she transferred:: I might even have some specks on an abandoned project.

Hael: Response

With that the two of them made their way inside their chosen establishment for their meal. It was a good choice given the fact that Bailey could just roll through the doors. It was also a fairly quiet place something else that made Bailey glad.

Bailey: ::Smiling as they entered:: Thank you.

Hael: Response

TBC/TAG…

Lieutenant JG Sheila Bailey

Medical Officer

Starbase 118 Ops

M239512BG0

"If you want to harness your power, you need to learn to control your fear." - Sara Lance; Legends Of Tomorrow

--
Live Long And Prosper