(Backsim JP) Lt. Cmdr German Galven & Lt. JG Sheila Bailey - A Respectfully Day Out With A Friend Part 2

Aly Drolet

Oct 18, 2020, 2:52:22 AM10/18/20
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

OOC: This is a back sim set at the beginning of last shore leave in July.

((Holodeck 23, Starbase 118))

As German disappeared from her view into the pool house. Sheila took a minute to look around. The sky above her was the perfect shade of sky blue, hardly a cloud in the sky. The clouds that were present resembled cotton candy, a sweet melt in your mouth Earth treat.

German came back from the pool house with a couple drinks in both hands. One was the lemonade that Sheila asked for and the other was chocolate milk. He grew rather fond of the drink when he was a child. Apparently his younger self was still inside him.

Galven: ::hands her glass of lemonade:: Your lemonade as you ordered, ma'am.

Bailey: Tell me about the weather here. It seems nothing like that on Elaysia.

German smiled as he sat back down next to Sheila and took a drink. When he was about to set it down between them, a small table rose from the ground as he set it down. It wasn't part of the program. His family added a special feature so drinks wouldn't spill on uneven surfaces.

Galven: Well, this is San Diego, California. It's usually sunny, cloudy, really a mixed bag of sorts. Other places on Earth have a different variety of seasons depending on where it is. Up north is mostly rain and snow, towards the middle of the country has hot weather during the summer months, then it cools down just enough to create frozen precipitation in the winter.

Bailey: Elaysia is more...well wet.

Galven: Do you have any family and significant others there?

Her lemonade was cool, perfectly refreshing as she sipped at it while thinking on German’s question. It was going to be easy to answer though she didn’t think she would be able to convey the emotion behind it.

Bailey: Most folks don’t leave Elaysia. My uncle might leave one day but mostly it’s my sisters waiting for me. Family fell apart right before I left.

Galven: Family can certainly be a handful more times than not. Denobulan families are so massive that I wonder if the whole planet is related.

Bailey: Still family is important. It is likely however I’ll have to go back one day. What about you? Any future plans to start a family?

Galven: ::takes a sip of his chocolate milk:: One day I would like to have one of my own. ::turns to Sheila and smirks:: Why do you ask? Are you interested? ::playfully bumps his shoulder into hers::

The playful bump to her shoulder had her rolling some in the grass. She was smiling as her cheeks blushed. Sheila doubted she would talk about this subject with anyone other than German. With German she wasn’t embarrassed to say anything.

Bailey: Starting a family is a distant plan.

Galven: ::kind of teasing, kind of serious:: Do you see me in that distant plan of yours?

Bailey: You’re one of my oldest friends...I don’t...I you’re more like a sibling to me. ::The blush spread though her face. Was it embarrassment?::

This was the most time they'd ever spoken with one another and so informally as well. He understood where she was coming from so he figured it was best to drop the flirting for now. He took a drink as he patted her on the shoulder.

Galven: I wouldn't have it any other way because we've been friends for so long now that we are better in that way than hypothetically starting something else. ::glances at his house:: Do you ever think about having kids?

Bailey: Honestly if I am to have kids I’ll have to go home. Due to so many Elaysians staying on planet, the ones that do leave...we don’t know what the process will be like. ::Sheila turned to look at German:: I’m sorry if that’s too much information.

Galven: Oh no, don't worry. Denobulans are more up front and forward thinking than most species. ::reassuring smile:: We know each other well enough to tell each other what we're thinking, but there is a bit of a flaw in what you said.

Bailey: Oh?

Sheila wasn’t sure what Galven could have been referring to. She herself was speaking medically but maybe her view was a bit close minded. Yet she was willing to hear what her friend had to say. They wouldn’t be friends if they didn’t want to listen to what the other had to say.

Galven: Back before the Federation formed, there was a Vulcan who had the same opinion as you just said. Her name was Commander T'Pol and she thought that it was purely illogical that her species would even have relations with another. Now, two hundred years later, we have Vulcan hybrids such as Romyana on our crew. ::chuckles:: Sorry for the brief history lesson.

Bailey: ::She shook her head. She didn’t mind:: You think I shouldn’t try?

Galven: ::raises his hand, shaking his head:: That's not at all what I'm saying. I respect you enough not to try to persuade you one way or the other.

Bailey: Fair. Where did you learn that?

Galven: I learned that bit of trivia from a prominent Denobulan that served with the Commander. Even though I haven't been on my planet since I was born, we share everything far and wide with one another. We're a very curious group of people and find just about anything fascinating.

Bailey: I think I like that about Denobulans. More folks should be open minded.

Galven: Oh, believe me I know.

Bailey: I… Once I get past my family struggles and manage to think about my future I worry what it will be like medically.

Galven: In what way?

Bailey: Higher gravity…

The woman let the thought hang in the air unsure where to go next. German was willing to be upfront but Sheila’s emotions were a bit hesitant. She was willing but she had never ever talked about the subject with anyone else before. Heck she had hardy thought about it before now. Guess the casual nature of their friendship made her open up.

He understood more of what she wasn't saying given the unique aspects of Elaysians. German nearly forgot about it since she wasn't wearing her vest. Instead, he got himself up and extended his hand out to her.

Galven: Would you like to go swimming now?

Bailey: ::Taking German’s hand:: I’d like that very much.

With that the two of them stood back up. For a minute the two of them disappeared to change into swimsuits. Once they appeared again it was almost a run and dive into the water; cool, refreshing, smooth water. Now was time for fun and sun. Forget that their surroundings were artificially created. Bailey was ready for the distraction it would provide. She was with a friend. A friend with which she could be completely and honestly 100% herself.

End

Lt. Commander German Galven

20/Chief Science Officer

StarBase 118 - USS Narendra

V239507GG0

&

Lieutenant Sheila Bailey

Assistant Chief Medical Officer

Starbase 118 Ops

M239512BG0

No woman should ever suffer at the hands of men - Sara Lance; Legends Of Tomorrow