JP: Ensign Yael & Lt. Cmdr. DeVeau - "Dance With Me" (Part I)

已查看 3 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Amanda Nordstrom

未读,
2020年11月3日 23:17:432020/11/3
收件人 StarBase 118 Ops – UFOP: StarBase 118

OOC: This takes place after the dance with Nijil.

IC:

((Starbase 118 Ops - Ballroom))

Alora carefully maneuvered around the people that milled about along the edge of the ballroom floor.  In the middle, several couples swayed and glided with the music.  Many others chattered about, some darting into dance, then moving out, then back again.  The flow of dancers was constantly changing, a swirl of colours and costumes, of suits and dresses, intricate choreography within choreography.  As she passed, she greeted those who greeted her, but she was searching for a certain someone.  He wasn’t difficult to spy, and Alora’s grim was bright, even shadowed by her hood as she approached.

DeVeau: Hey Ashley!

Yael:  Alora.  ::he smiled at her, noting she wasn’t surrounded by people as she had been before::

DeVeau: Great costume!  Where’d you get the inspiration?

Yael:  Oh… more of a feeling than an inspiration.  Or it was random, somewhat.  I was thinking it needed fangs, but I wanted to be able to speak properly.

DeVeau:  Why do I have a feeling that not being able to speak would be devastating to you?

Alora grinned, her eyes twinkling in amusement.

Yael:  Are you telling me I talk too much?  ::he stuck his nose slightly upward::  No such thing!

DeVeau:  So you say, ha!

Yael:  I don’t think I ever got an answer, as to yours?

He meant her costume, of course.

DeVeau:  This old thing?

Alora glanced down, one hand sliding from between the slides to run along the fur.  It was smooth and silky to the touch, though she would never have used /real/ fur.  Killing animals for food was one thing - doing so for sport left a foul taste in her mouth.

DeVeau: What do you think?

Yael:  ::he cocked his head slightly to the side, but still smiled::  I… do *not* know what that is.  But it looks good!  I’m assuming it’s *replicated* fur?

DeVeau:  Oh, of course.  I only used the real thing when I was stuck and had no other options - and I made sure I used the meat.  I’d never do something like this just for the fun of it, promise!

She glanced around, then motioned to the floor where other couples were gliding along, the music guiding their steps.

DeVeau: I do love to dance.  Would you care to join me?

Yael:  Ah…

The Denobulan hesitated now.  It was a bustling room, which he loved, but there were also a lot of people moving about in the bustling room.  Hence, the “bustling.”  But there would be all the hand holding, the dancing… he didn’t quite mean to, but he actually stepped backwards, just one hoof’s worth of space.

Yael:  … I’ll pass, thanks.  ::quick to make an excuse to spare her feelings::  Two left hooves.

The thing was, Alora didn’t believe him.  While she wasn’t going to press the issue, she knew there was some reason beyond the whole ‘I’m clumsy’ excuse.  Canting her, she schooled her face to hide her disappointment.  If it were a different environment, she might have actually asked /why/, pried into his reasons for not doing so.  But not there.  Maybe later.

DeVeau: Maybe some other time, then?  She couldn’t hold back the hint of hope in those words.

Yael:  ::nodding, his permanent smile in place::  Certainly.  But… don’t let me stop you finding another partner.

DeVeau:  I’ll find another one eventually.  In the meantime, I’m happy to hang out with you for a bit.  Are you enjoying yourself at all?

Yael:  I’ve met several new crewmembers tonight.  It’s definitely been worth attending.  ::pausing briefly::  There’s a new counselor in our ranks.  She’s fresh out of the Academy, so be *nice* to her.  *Alora.*

He said that with the smile firmly in place, but with an air of “I know what you’ll do to her.”

DeVeau:  Nice?  I’m always nice.  When am I not nice? Ashley wanted to bring up the Glitter Orb  of Doom, but his ribs were just starting to feel normal again, and he didn’t want to color the moment.  His hesitation, however, didn’t go unnoticed.  Alora’s eyes narrowed and she leaned forward, peering at the man.

DeVeau: What’s going on in that brain of yours.

Yael:  I don’t know what you mean.

DeVeau: Don’t give me that.

Yael:  ::innocently:: Give you what?

DeVeau: You’d better be glad I’m not telepathic.

Yael:  Perhaps we could locate a Betazoid?

DeVeau: You realise you’re the only one that I’m mean to, right?

Yael:  Does that mean you like me?  I thought Humans grew out of that past being teenagers?

He was ribbing her a bit for sure.

DeVeau:  Oh you know I like you Ashley.  Very much.

Alora laughed and shook her head, the wolf’s head seemingly in concordance with the woman who was wearing it.  Either he was embarrassed by that admission, even if it was only as a friend, or Ashley was distracted by a thought.

Yael:  What do you think the big reveal will be?

DeVeau:  Big reveal?

Yael:  I know enough of these types of events to know there’s a plot afoot.  ::glancing around::  So who’s getting promoted, and how embarrassed will they be if they're in costume to receive the pip?

DeVeau:  Oh, that.  I don’t know.  Alora was trying to figure out who might be up for a promotion.  Perhaps Commander Nijil, from lieutenant commander to full commander?  There were others too, of course that might change a pip.

Yael:  Perhaps Sal will announce some new initiative?

DeVeau:  What sort of initiative do you think he might announce?

Alora knew she had talked to him about the mentoring programme, but that wasn’t the sort of thing to really announce, especially since it hadn’t gotten off the ground at all, yet.  She and Taelon had to sit down and discuss any ideas and proposals he’d come up with, so there was no point in saying anything about the events that might revolve around robotics.  What would they be called?  Expos?  Regardless, if there was something up, Alora had no idea what it would be.  DeVeau: Let’s see...you’re going to get promoted to the rank of Captain and take over Ops.  Captain Taybrim’s going to retire, sit back, and relax for the rest of his life.

Yael:  At a beach house on Risa.

He chuckled as they wove their web of pleasant and harmless lies.

DeVeau: Hey!  It could happen!

Yael:  My first order as Captain.  All officers must wear hooves and horns.

DeVeau:  Oh really?  Would your horns be devil horns? Alora cackled a bit with that remark,.

DeVeau: What else would you decree?

*******

Ensign Ashley Yael

Counselor