Ensign Isaiah Andrews -- Left Guard to the Corner Pocket (Tag: Strike Team)

1 view

Kurt

Apr 19, 2021, 12:01:12 AM4/19/21
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
(( Qo’nos -Vergh Kruv: Outside the Capital Center))

Things happened so fast that Iz barely had time to process it, but when the metaphorical smoke was cleared and the last Klingon was down and Lt. Yael was safe, he was much relieved. He was going to offer his kudos to Matthel, but the man seemed a bit distraught.

Drevas: I’m- I’m so sorry. I- I probably ruined our element of surprise, I-

Iz was about to go to the man to say something to the effect of not worrying, but Vraj strode over to the Bajoran. Iz wasn't quite sure what she was about to do, but when he saw her hand go back, his mouth dropped open and stayed open as the resounding slap could be heard, from her hand to his face.

Vraj: Quit your whining! ::She snarled:: We are alive, we are still able to move, and we have a job to do. We move forward. We do not have time for this. Use your sensors - is there anyone else coming ::She looked o the rest of the group::

Parvana: ::moving to the door::  I don’t hear anyone.

Andrews: Damn, Vraj, that was pretty uncalled for!

Borq/Drevas:  ?

Yael:  ::giving the Bajoran a smile, regardless of their situation::  Matthel, you did great.  ::looking to Vraj::  Don’t lose your head.  We’re still on track to finish this.

Vraj:::She turned and narrowed her eyes, tilting her head down:: Remember that I am not one of yours, Federation Dogs. I have gotten you this far. You have taken care of the enemy. We are now in the last leagues of this mission before we are rid of one another. Let’s not break this alliance now...when we have so much to gain, and so much to lose.

Parvana: Though we may disagree in our tactics, there is no harm done.  We should press on - there are more important matters to deal with.  Remember, we are friends, not foes.

Yael:  ::taking a stabilizing breath::  Agreed.

Andrews: Something about *with friends like these*..?

Borq/Drevas:  ?

Vraj put her weapon away and then went through the Klingons pockets, retrieving something which she handed to Parvana.

Parvana: What is it?

Vraj: We can use this to avoid more guards and avoid continued fights. In the meantime, we put these individuals in the shaft, and we’ll take their communication devices to keep track of the feeds.

Yael:  ::getting to it::  Let’s move them quickly.  ::motioning to the team to help him pull the unconscious Klingons to the shaft::

Iz bent to the task of helping to drag the unconscious Klingons off. He happened to notice that the lead Klingon had a phaser on his belt, so he reached down and unhooked it.

Andrews: This might come in handy later. Better we have it than him, at any rate.

Borq/Drevas:  ?

Parvana: Very useful, and very wise, Vraj.  I am grateful that you continue to guide us.

Parvana activated the hologram of the building, which gave them a great strategic advantage.

Parvana: Hm.  It looks like if we go down here, then take a left and use the lift on this side, we’ll avoid some traffic.  Some.  But not all.

Iz looked up from the stowing of the Klingons.

Andrews: I'll take whatever reduction in dramatics we can get.

Borq/Drevas/Vraj:  ?

Parvana: We’ll need to constantly adjust as they will be moving even as we will be.

Borq/Drevas/Vraj:  ?

The Klingons were stowed in the shaft and Parvana headed for the door with the holographic device, with the team following.

Parvana: By all means, let's go.

Andrews: River, check. Woods, check. Grandma's house can't be far.

Borq/Drevas/Vraj:  ?

The team followed, and they evaded the vast majority of guards thanks to the device they swiped from the Klingons.  They would tuck into unused rooms when needed, and a little luck was finally on their side.  The thought of a strike team getting *this* far was unheard of, so the Klingons were uncharacteristically unprepared for the idea that there would be intruders.  It made them *lazy,* in a very non-Klingon kind of way.  Or at least unobservant.

They reached the the last door that lay between them and their target. Not really knowing what to expect, Iz turned to look at the others, awaiting further instructions.

Yael:  ::quietly, tucked against the wall in the dimly lit corridor::  This is it.  Everybody ready?

Were they ready? Well, Iz guessed it depended on your definition of "ready". He still felt woefully unprepared, but then, that had been the general state of things since Meeks had gone down. He gave a thumbs up.

Andrews: Ready as it gets.

Borq/Drevas/Vraj:  ?

They militaristically burst into the room, not knowing what to expect, and finding… an empty room.  Rather, it was empty, dirty, and dark.  There was almost no light and no one in it… but there was a large staircase leading down into the dark and turning out of sight, plunging into the depths of the building.  Ashley turned and motioned for the whole team to enter so they could shut the door behind them and avoid being seen.

Yael:  ::quietly::  Well, that was anticlimactic.  ::looking to Parvana with the hologram::  Do we go down?

Parvana/Vraj:  ?

There were sounds coming from the long, dark staircase as they moved down its first set.  There were at least four, shunting down into the dark.

Iz couldn't help but wonder just *where* they were headed to, and the fact that they were going deeper and deeper did not sit well with him. Still, he elected to keep his mouth shut...for now.

They made their way down as silently as possible, and came to a flat area with a large metal door closing off the path.  Clearly something was being hidden down in this dungeon.

Yael:  ::quietly::  Alright… once more, guys.

They took up positions, and shoved open the manual door.  The smell of animal feces and urine mixed with dirt hit them hard.  They pushed into the room… which on a quick glance was more of a mud pit surrounded by bleachers, and only one great, bright light at the center of the pit, leaving the rest of the facility draped in long shadows and darkness.  They ducked behind the bleachers and tucked down… there was sound ahead.  Voices from the pit.  There were cages… animal cages with prisoners, encircling the pit.  Clearly meant to release the animals directly into the pit to fight or be killed.

Laughter, Klingon laughter, echoed in the air and bounced off the barely finished walls.  Clearly this was some illicit area that only those in-the-know would attend.

Biting back the urge to cough or even retch, Iz put a hand over his mouth and nose, wishing for something better to block out the smell. He looked around in horror at the cages, then whipped his head around in the direction of the Klingon voices.

Yael:  ::whispering::  Is your father here?

Andrews: ::under breath:: This place is positively inhumane.

Borq/Drevas/Parvana/Vraj:  ?

Yael:  ::boldly::  Okay… we’re taking the guards down.  Who has an extra weapon?  I may need one this time round.

Iz remembered the phaser he'd taken off of the Klingon. He unhooked his Federation issue weapon from his belt and passed it over to Ashley.

Andrews: Lieutenant.

Borq/Drevas/Parvana/Vraj:  ?

Iz drew the Klingon weapon and took what little time was left to feel the unfamiliar heft and figure out how to set the output intensity.

Yael:  Isolate your individual targets.  We take them all down simultaneously.  We’ve still got the element of surprise.

Andrews: I should have brought confetti. ::He nodded and gestured to the guard on the far left.:: I'll take that one there. Called shots, right?

Borq/Drevas/Parvana/Vraj:  ?

Iz crouched and sighted along the phaser, getting ready. He hoped that the unfamiliarity with the Klingon weapon didn't cost him too much accuracy.

Andrews: Give the word when ready, Lieutenant.

Borq/Drevas/Parvana/Vraj/Yael:  ?

---

Ensign Isaiah Andrews
Security Officer