Amb. Lukin Zorkal - "Angry At Who?"

Amanda Nordstrom

Nov 26, 2022, 9:41:11 PM11/26/22
to Starbase 118 Ops
((Arys & Lukin’s Quarters, USS Narendra))

Arys was home.  Geleth was home.  Both were safe.  Those were the most
important things. Despite his irritation at what.had occurred as well as
his inability to do anything about it.  In truth, Lukin didn’t
understand why she had put herself there in the first place. She wasn’t
alone on the ship, there were others - others without children.  Was it
her place as Chief Medical Officer to go on a rescue mission like that?
They had others who could have, along with security to escort them.  So
why weren’t they ordered to do so?  It was a valid question, but it was
one he would wait for.  It was late.  He was tired.  She was tired.  All
was well for the moment, and the morning would be a better time to make
such inquiries.

Zorkal: Then it is fortunate that nothing worse happened. You and Geleth
are home now and you’re safe. We can talk more in the morning. You
should sleep.

Trovek: I can’t sleep.

That was not as unusual as it should be, but there was more behind the
statement.

Zorkal: Why is that?

Up til that point, Arys had been mostly prostrate, but suddenly she
pushed herself to a seated position.

Trovek: Because… because I know this was bad, okay? And I’m angry at…
basically everyone. At Geleth for pestering me about going back to Bajor
and me having to opt out of the research for Craat’s disease, at Tito
for deciding to contact me when he crashed his shuttle… ::beat:: And
mostly at myself.

Some of that were not things he was aware of - particularly the issue
with Craat’s disease.  Frowning, he elected to allow her to continue
rather than cut it off.  She had made her choice.

Zorkal: Why are you angry at yourself?

Trovek: It didn't even cross my mind that I could request someone else
to go, and I don’t know if anyone else was as close as we were. And my
decisions on how I handled the situation seemed right at the moment, but
now I am second guessing myself.

They weren’t right.  He wanted to tell her that.  Would she appreciate
such bluntness? Time had tempered him in many ways, and he set that
aside.   For now.

Zorkal: And you’re mad at Geleth for asking to go to the temple? Why
does that make you angry?

Trovek: ?

Lukin couldn’t understand.  He wanted to.  For most people, that desire
would be lacking, but Arys was not most people.  She was Arys.
Therefore, he was invested and wanted to understand.  Even if he
didn’t.  Perhaps he never would.  Once again, he elected to refrain from
telling her she was wrong, living proof that he could be taught new
tricks.  His sister might have been proud.

Zorkal: And who else are you mad at?

Trovek: ?

Were they getting to the crux to the crux of the situation?  Lukin
didn’t know.  He was an ambassador, not a counsellor - quite far from
it.  But if Arys wanted to talk, they would talk.  She needed sleep, but
if sleep would not come, he would not deny her the other thing she needed.

Zorkal: And why is that?

Trovek: ?

--
Dalin Lukin Zorkal