Lt.Cdr. Arturo Maxwell - Propositions

Iain Turnbull

Oct 18, 2021, 10:19:05 PM10/18/21
to Starbase Ops (IC)

((OOC - Wrapping up to focus on the mission start.))

((Starbase 118 – Kadraks Bar))

The fight came to an end, to the roaring celebrations of the packed bar.

Letting out another belch, Max glanced at the screen briefly.

Maxwell: Thought the backswing was a little sloppy myself.

Tatash quirked a brow at him.

Tatash: You’ve got an eye for swordsmanship, eh? You’re a proper dark horse, sure you aren’t some Starfleet black-op’s in disguise?

After a brief pause to clear the ring of the celebrating victor and the bleeding loser, another pair of warriors stepped into the ring. One would have given Janul a run for his money in both the height and size charts. The other made Max's eyes go wide.

Maxwell: The hell is she doing here?

Kadrak: You know this fine looking warrioress?

He nodded, demolishing another of the wings in short order.

Maxwell: Aye, that's Tahl. ::He looked over at Tatash.:: She sent me poetry last week.

Tatash: Poetry? I am no expert on Klingon romance, but I believe that’s a proposition.

Max's current mouthful of bloodwine was spat out in a fine spray as he began to cough and splutter. A bark of disapproval came from the nearest table.

Maxwell: I have no!

Kadrak hammered an amused fist upon the tabletop.

Tatash: How did you even meet? Winning the heart of a fearsome Warrioress is no easy feat, well unless you’re me, all I have to do is flex

Tatash paused before curling his arm up, causing the sleeve of his uniform to visibly bulge before lettings out a chuckle.

Kadrak: Not bad. Not bad.

Their Klingon host did likewise, mimicking the pose and flexing his own massive biceps.

Maxwell: Jeez. ::He cast a grin between the Gorn and the Klingon.:: It's like muscle beach around here.

He wasn't sure if the reference would be caught or not, but still it had amused him and distracted slightly from the idea that he was being propositioned by a Klingon Matriarch.

Maxwell: As for how I know her. That's Janul's cousin, the new matriarch of their House.

Tatash: What have you sent back? Your own Poetry? I can only imagine how eloquent it would be.

Tatash cleared his throat.

Kadrak: You have responded of course?

Tatash: Tahl of Qo’nos, you’re so hot, you hit my heart like a Phasers shot. That’s pretty much as good as I get with words. Personally I’d just bring her the heart of her greatest foe and a plate of fresh Gagh.

Max let his head slump forwards onto the table, before sitting up again pointed an amused glare at his huge friend.

Maxwell: I'm certainly no sending her that.

There was an amused bark from Kadrak and Max glanced over at him.

Kadrak: Fine warrioress such as that. You are a lucky man.

Tatash: (if replying) ?

Maxwell: Let's hold on right there. ::He laughed.:: I'm already spoken for.

Max took the opportunity to wipe the bloodwine from his chin and fish out another of the sauce-drowned wings from the basket.

Further conversation was stilled as the first blow of the second match was struck. Up on the screens, blood had already been drawn and Tahl circled her opponent as she flicked the blood from her blade.

~fin~

Lieutenant-Commander Arturo Maxwell.

Chief Tactical Officer / Second Officer.

Starbase 118 Operations.

O239311AM0