MSNPC Kelemkor - Expediting The Trial (NT / FAO: all)

Jamie LeBlanc

Apr 10, 2021, 12:24:57 AM4/10/21
to SB118

(OOC – this is a set up sim; I’ll get Sal out tomorrow morning 😊 )

((Klingon High Council Chambers – Qo’noS))

Kelemkor slid in through the security with an obsequious bow, keeping his head down as he moved towards Councillor Gra’dath of House Morkoth.

Gra’dath was not a cultist.  He had no interest in theology or the cult’s backwards beliefs.  He was not seeking the succor of release through pain as so many in its ranks were.  Gra’dath was simply the head of a once proud house that had suffered greatly from treachery and backstabbing in the last great war with the Romulans.  Morkoth was once known for fine warriors, brave and intelligent.  But time and time again their supposed allies in house Duras and House Kravzo’ch failed to come to their aid as the Romulans tore them apart.

And now, Gra’dath was desperate.  His ancestral lands were in danger of being overrun by stronger houses.  His young warriors sent on suicide missions by commanders who wished to see House Morkoth forgotten.

Kelemkor offered relief in the form of weapons and ships.  And that was why Gra’dath did him favors.

Kelemkor: Councillor Gra’dath, I trust you are well?

The attractive half-Klingon gave a respectful bow, always playing his role.

Gra’dath: I am alive, that is all I can ask for.  ::he grunted::

Kelemkor: I am wondering, why are we delaying the trial of Janul the traitor? ::he asked in a voice that was as smooth as silk.::

Gra’dath grunted again.  Janul, House of the hated Kravzo’ch – who had attacked his own family.  He did not know what to feel on that.  On one hand he wanted to hate Janul for who he was and that was that.  On the other hand he was curious as to why Janul destroyed his own mother, head of the house.

There was a benefit for him and for his house to see this come to trial sooner rather than later; no matter the outcome.

Gra’dath: They are gathering evidence.

Kelemkor: They have had months to gather evidence.  Extra days do not matter.  ::he purred.::

Gra’dath: How little you understand the wheels of politics, Aide.  ::He chided gently:: If they can take extra days, they will take extra days.

Kelemkor offered a light nod of understanding and then offered lightly.

Kelemkor: But the Festival of the Battle of Zandoth is fast upon us.  Would it not be prudent to hasten the trial so we may all enjoy the festival?

That was fully within the rules of the Council.  Gra’dath considered.

Gra’dath: You make a good point.

Kelemkor: There is standing precedent to expedite proceedings in deference of national holidays.

Besides, it benefitted them both to hold the trial early.  It sated Gra’dath’s curiosity and speed was to the advantage of the cult.  A win-win situation in a way.  Almost a pity that Gra’doth would almost certainly be dead by the time all was said and done.

Gra’dath: Yes there is ::He nodded, pleased with this thought.::

Kelemkor: And you have the authority to call this motion, yes?

Gra’dath: I do.  ::He gave a raspy chuckle:: And I will.

Kelemkor: It will be for the good of the Empire. Councilor.

Gra’dath: For the good of the Empire ::He agreed with a nod as he was already making the official motion to convene.:: And for the good of House Morkoth.

Kelemkor: Always.

He offered a light, slightly predatory smile to Gra’dath’s back as he slipped away again.

~*~
tbc…
~*~

MSNPC Kelemkor the Beautiful
Cult Leader
Cult of Molor

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck

E239010ST0