Lt JG Sera - Little details have special talents in creating problems

1 view

Hope Forster

Nov 15, 2022, 11:02:16 AM11/15/22
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

((Temporary Quarters of Sera, USS Narendra))

Sera:  Lieutenant Sherlock, I am an engineer.  I have the capabilities of acquiring just about anything on this vessel, given the appropriate motivation…In case you wish to owe me more favors…

Sherlock: No, one is enough. oOFor now...Oo Well, unless you can get your hands on some genuine Romulan Ale? Not that Ferengi knock-off stuff that's going around.

Sera: ::in an off-handed manner::  Not all Romulan ale is created equal, Lieutenant.  The highest quality ales hail from Xanitla or Virinat.  However, the Xanitla varietal would most likely…harm you.  It is quite potent…but…if you desire some of the Virinat, I will make some inquiries.

Sherlock: I was only kidding. ::said with a straight face:: Besides, if I want some, I'll just confiscate it.

Sera: Confiscate? I highly doubt what you would find would be of a quality to risk serious bodily harm over. ::Raises brow::  …and I was under the impression you were a tactical officer.

Sherlock: Perks of previous post in Security. You get to know who's got what and where you can get what you need.

Sera focused her attention fully back to the Lieutenant.  Sherlock had just become very interesting to Sera.  Sherlock was not incorrect in her comment about ‘getting to know’ things on the ship.  Knowledge was power.  It would be logical to cultivate an…association with this officer.

Sera: Elaborate.

Sherlock: For example, an Engineer.

Sera: Are you certain that is what is occurring here, Lieutenant?  Hmm…::Looks thoughtful…which how that would be read, who knows?::  You are a tactical officer with previous training in Security.  Your scruples are…fluid.  ::quickly amending::  This is not a criticism. ::continues::  It would appear with your behavior towards me that you cultivate contacts to obtain what you need…or desire.  However, you do not appear to be acquisitive in your appearance or demeanor.  Perhaps you find the challenge stimulating?

Sherlock:  response

Sera:  Oh, on the contrary, Lieutenant. You. Are. Fascinating.

Sherlock:  response

Sera:  Ferengi Rules of Acquisition number 79, Lieutenant Sherlock.

Sherlock:  response

Sera:  ::smugly…for a Vulcan:: Beware of the Vulcan greed for knowledge.

Sherlock:  response

The pair rounded the corner and came upon the main armory.  Sera presented her PADD to the security officer on duty, securing the appropriate permissions to enter the section and obtain the malfunctioning phasers.

Security Officer:  the requisition checks out.  I’ll go grab the requested equipment…ah…You need Tactical involved in this?  ::Motioning to Sherlock::

Sera:  ::glancing to Sherlock and then back to the security officer::   The Lieutenant requested to observe.  I have no logical reason to deny her request.

oO So true.  100% true.  Oo

Sherlock:  response

Security Officer:  Ah…okay.  Well, hold on then.  ::leaves visual range for a few moments::

Sera:  Do you have any experience with maintenance and repair of standard issue phasers, Lieutenant?

Sherlock::  response

Sera:  Excellent.  There will be something for you to do as well.

Sherlock:  response

The security officer returned groaning slightly, with a large crate, filled with dozens of phasers.

Security Officer:  It’s kind of lucky you brought help, Lieutenant.  This crate is heavy.

Sera nodded to the Officer and took the crate with ease.    Looking down at its contents and back to Sherlock, Sera continued with her statement.

Sera:  You will assist me.  Have you not, in essence, offered to be of service in asking to observe?

Sherlock:  response

Sera:  Ah.  A cultural miscommunication then.  Perhaps next time you should…ask for more details?  ::her lip tugged ever so slightly that was most assuredly NOT a smirk::

Sherlock:  response

tag/TBC

--

Lieutenant JG Sera