Lt. Trovek Arys - Can't sleep

1 view

Arys Trovek

Nov 25, 2022, 5:28:53 AM11/25/22
to Starbase118
((Arys & Lukin’s Quarters, USS Narendra))
Lukin had said that he was ‘concerned’ about Arys, and her initial interpretation had been that he was worried about her wellbeing. But as he had her recount the events that occurred just hours prior, and his expression remained neutral and devoid of any of the emotions Arys would have thought he'd show, she realised that he was concerned.
Concerned about their future together, concerned if she was a decent enough mother and would make a good wife.
Arys couldn’t blame him. She was concerned about the same things, really.
Trovek: ::taking a deep breath:: Well, they decided to take potshots at
us… sooo I ordered Zel to fire a warning shot into the centre of the
cloud, that took out their cloak, and suddenly we had a somewhat
agitated Orion Marauder chasing us.
Zorkal: Of course they were. And afterward?
She could tell that he was angry. So was she.
Trovek: The Narendra came into sensor range and we made a run for it.
Zorkal: I see.
Trovek: Taybrim took care of the Marauder and then send us to collect Foster and Tito.
Zorkal: Then it is fortunate that nothing worse happened. You and Geleth
are home now and you’re safe. We can talk more in the morning. You
should sleep.
Part of her was grateful that Lukin wanted to let her off the hook, at least for today. But how could she possibly get any sleep?
Trovek: I can’t sleep.
Zorkal: response
She sat up. But rather than the excuse of the ‘I am not tired’, the words that spilled forth were painfully true.
Trovek: Because… because I know this was bad, okay? And I’m angry at… basically everyone. At Geleth for pestering me about going back to Bajor and me having to opt out of the research for Craat’s disease, at Tito for deciding to contact me when he crashed his shuttle… ::beat:: And mostly at myself.
Zorkal: response
Trovek: It didn't even cross my mind that I could request someone else to go, and I don’t know if anyone else was as close as we were. And my decisions on how I handled the situation seemed right at the moment, but now I am second guessing myself.
Zorkal: response
Would she have done the same without Geleth on board? She hadn’t done anything wrong, but had she handled the situation in the most effective manner?
TAG/TBC
Lt. Trovek Arys
Chief Medical Officer
Starbase 118 Ops