Lt. Blackwell: Flemming was right ((now with 100% more signature))

T M

Oct 18, 2021, 5:57:35 PM10/18/21
to Starbase118

Large Conference Room – StarBase 118 Ops))

Rue was standing there in something that as a mixture of gratitude and shock.

Taybrim - changing positions. It made sense - it would put him in the best possible position to be safe, help Starfleet and the Federation, and be an asset. He also still would be on the Starbase, and as always, he would be a critical part of their large family. But it would still be different.

However different did not mean bad, and she would adjust in due course. She held her medal in her hand, pondering on that until her attention turned to what other change would occur soon - the transition from shore leave to mission. Once more into the breech.

Taybrim: So, let me give a quick overview.  Six days ago the Federation freighter FIS Zarmaeon experienced critical engine failure and exploded in the atmosphere of Astraemin V, home of Utopia Colony.  The Zarmaeon was carrying chemicals for terraforming and a number of common but volatile substances.  ::He drew in a deep breath and let everyone process that.:: This filled the atmosphere of Astraemin wth poison and the Utopia Colony called Starfleet for aid.  As the nearest base, we were easily able to replicate the necessary anti-toxin and immediately sent a Federation medical frigate to aid the colony.

Rue watched his face, and while she was pleased to hear there was an anti-toxin...she heard a “but” coming.

Taybrim: However, the frigate was attacked by pirates and its entire cargo load was stolen.  Very brash of someone to attack a Federation frigate in federation space.  So Starfleet sent the USS Apgar with a second load of medicine from StarBase 118 two days ago.  ::He sighed, readying them for the dark punchline.:: The Apgar was attacked and shot down.  They managed to make an emergency landing on Vestis VII and sent a distress call.  That’s when starfeet intel became heavily involved.

And there it was. Pirates and brash ones indeed. She would have made conclusions just from that until he mentioned the second ship being shot down - As Fleming once wrote: Once is coincidence. Twice is Happenstance...where was the third part of that old wisdom..

Taybrim: Intel intercepted an independent medical trader on StarBase 118 trying to tamper with the relief supplies, and after interrogation found several useful leads.  Which brings us to where we are now.  ::Another breath.  This was not the best of news.  Then again any time a group was interfering with medical aid it was never a good situation.:: while unconfirmed, Starfleet Intel has a strong suspicion that the freighter explosion as well as the subsequent attacks have been orchestrated by the splinter group calling themselves Terra Prime.

And there it was - Three times was enemy action

Tatash: A terrorist organisation that believes in racial supremacy, very much the bad guys. ::he paused, sending over a brief dossier on them to everyone else in the room:: There’s some reading for you all.

She quietly took the dossier and started to peruse it while listening.

Yael:  So we’re assuming Utopia Colony was targeted, then.

Kasun: :: Dryly :: If they weren’t, that’s a scary amount of coincidences.

She managed a very dry smirk to that, before turning her attention to McLaren.

McLaren: The irony is... had they tried this even as early as a month ago... they probably would have gotten away with it... but... we've stepped up security and surveilence throughout the station. Unlucky for them... very lucky for us.

Taybrim: I am sending the USS Avalon A to assist the USS Apgar and ensure that the medical supplies are delivered to the destination.  However your role is more critical.  Intel has tracked this group and believe they are using the independent spaceport of Miranda VII as a base of operations.

Kasun: I’m assuming this isn’t a rescue mission.

McLaren: Ive briefed both Captain Joreis and the Avalon's intelligence officer on why they can expect, and advised them to treat any attempts to interfere with their rendering aid to the Apgar as a hostile act. Ive also advised them to step up tachyon sweeps incase any cloaked ships are laying in wait around that Apgar's crash site.

Any: ?

Rue for now held her tongue, waiting on questions until they got through the full briefing. Taybrim was thorough, chances were - her questions would be answered with just a bit of patience.

Taybrim: The overall goal is to prevent this group from launching any further attacks on Utopia or any other colony.  But you will be in separate groups each with a specific goal.  Commander DeVeau, you will work with Counselor Yael and Doctor Bailey to open up negotiations with this group.  We’re not sure that it’s actually Terra Prime.  This group could have a completely different agenda.  Your primary goal is to gather as much information from the splinter group through diplomatic means and reach a diplomatic solution if possible.

She glanced towards Yael and smiled faintly to him, and then exhaled - another layer of complexity to this already tense situation.

Yael:  ::nodding sagely::  We’ll do our best to sort things out.  But… what do we do if it *is* Terra Prime?  Or if they’re someone else, but have further violent motives?

Bailey: ?

Taybrim: If a diplomatic solution is not possible, disengage and stay safe.

DeVeau: Acknowledged, sir.

Bailey: ?

Taybrim: Major Tatash, Commander Kasun, Lieutenant Taelon and Ensign Amaase – your main objective is to find the fighter ships that are housed or docked at Miranda VII and prevent them from launching an attack.  You are authorized to use sabotage if necessary.

Tatash: Operating as one strike force?

Taelon/Amaase: ?

Taybrim: I prefer you working in two teams of two each.  You can plan your approach and teams as you prefer.  ::he passed a PADD over.:: Here is all of the information Starfleet intel could gather on the attacking ships so you can match the ships as you find them.

Tatash: One team for remote sabotage and e-warfare. One team for the personal touch, if we have to. Got the right people for the job. Those birds will never fly again, Sir.

Kasun: :: To Tatash :: That sounds good to me.

Taelon/Amaase: ?

Taybrim: Commander McLaren, you’ll be working with Lieutenant Blackwell and Commander Nijil.  Your role is to infiltrate Miranda VII and gain as much information on the splinter group as possible.  Confirm if it is actually Terra Prime and what relationship they have – if any – with the Orion Syndicate.

She looked towards McLaren and Nijil and nodded to both.

Nijil: Understood. ::he nodded.::

McLaren: I cant say Im looking forward to go back to that hive... especially not while searching for a group that hates hybrids...

Blackwell: We’ll guard each other ::She glanced to Mclaren with a bit of a confident smile::

Taybrim: The MTF Maximum Thrusters and any independent ship we have in impound is at your disposal.

McLaren: We'll pick out something nice from impound... the MTF is a known quantity on Miranda right now... and thats not something we want.

Blackwell: Subtle would make sense in this case ::she nodded in agreement - the best infiltration meant hiding in plain sight::

Taybrim: Commander Dal, you will be in command of the USS Rahuba.  You will take the crew, launch any undercover vessels outside of sensor range and approach Miranda VII with the diplomacy team.

Dal: Understood, Commodore.

Taybrim: You’ll have Ensign Talas and Commander Maxwell with you.  It is critical that you prevent any splinter group ships from launching an attack on the USS Apgar.

Maxwell: Aye, sir.

Talas: ?

He cast a gaze towards Talas, and then Maxwell in particular. Clearly he was speaking from experience.

Taybrim: And by the rings, may there not be any cloaked vessels from former enemies helping this group.  But if there is, you call StarBase 118 right away and we’ll send support.

Maxwell: Hopefully there's none ae our old pals out there.

Talas: ?

Taybrim: Are there any questions?

Any: ?

((OOC – will add here if there are questions))

Taybrim: The USS Rahuba is fully stocked for this mission, you’ll need to pull your preferred undercover vessel and launch as soon as possible.  You’ll have time to prepare once you’re underway.

Any: ?

Taybrim: I wish you all the best and I know you will overcome these challenges

Tatash: Strike team, meet me in the Marine facilities after this.

She glanced towards Mclaren and Nijil, waiting to here the next steps.

McLaren: Gather what you think you'll neet and we can meet in the impound yard and pick up a small vessel to get us to Miranda and back.

Blackwell: I’ll see you both soon then.

--

Lt. Prudence Blackwell

Comms/Ops