Neeya Velix - RUN

1 view

Arys Trovek

Nov 26, 2022, 6:13:25 PM11/26/22
to Starbase118
((Holodeck, USS Narendra))
Neeya liked to see what other people were passionate about, and generally tolerated pretty much anyone and anything. That Lieutenant Vargas was passionate about holograms was pretty neat, and the young Trill was more than eager to see what she was working on.
Vargas: =/= Computer, restart program and initiate the recent adjustment. =/=
The playground vanished for a brief moment, causing Neeya to land painfully on her behind.
Velix: Ouch….
She sniffed and got up, trying her best not to blush.
oO Now that was embarrassing… Oo
A second later, the playground reappeared, this time featuring…
Cardassians.
Neeya had expected as much, and she had mentally prepared for encountering a bunch of Cardassian children. Just that these weren’t children. They were soldiers, wearing grim expressions and carrying phase rifles with them.
Sera: ::looking over to Vargas:: These do not appear to be Cardassian children, however I must supply that I have never seen a Cardassian child…
Neither had Neeya (and she really didn’t want to), but she was pretty certain that this wasn’t working as intended.
Cardassian Officer #1: Silence, you mother to a Gutfish!'
Sera: ::Obviously something was not translating appropriately:: What?... ::to Vargas:: I believe this program still has numerous glitches to work though.
Vargas: This isn’t part of the program.
Renot: Response
Neeya: Can you restart it?
She watched Catherine type several commands into the console, but nothing changed.
Vargas: It’s unresponsive.
Sera turned to walk over to where she was standing. She was not expecting the Cardassian soldier to point his rifle at her.
Cardassian Officer #1: I’ve never seen one of your kind before…I hear you bleed the color of fresh vudral juice.
Sera: As I have never seen vudral juice, I cannot offer a satisfactory response to your declarative statement.
Cardassian Officer #1: You are all under arrest. Offering aid to the resistance is a crime punishable by death or imprisonment in one of our lovely labor camps. ::to another officer:: You know I can’t decide which punishment is worse…
The other Cardassians moved in closer around the engineers, motioning with their phaser rifles to get to their knees.
Sera: This is a Cardassian children’s story?  Fascinating
Neeya was having none of it. Holographic or not, she would never kneel in front of a Cardassian.
Velix: Are safeties on?
Vargas: They should be, though I’d rather not try.
The Lieutenant slowly got to her knees, motioning for Neeya to do the same.
Renot: response
Sera: response
Velix: ::still not kneeling:: Is this part of any of the things you’ve been working on?
Vargas: Computer, identify currently engaged program.
Computer: The currently running programs are “Zorkal 12.2 Alpha”, “Tears of the Prophets”, and “Hot Nights on Andoria”.
The Engineers exchanged glances.
Renot: response
Velix: I suggest we run.
Vargas: Run?
Sera: response
Neeya kneeled and grabbed a handful off sand from the sandbox, and a split second later threw it into the Cardassians face.
Velix: RUN!
Cardassians/Renot/Sera: Response
TAG/TBC
Neeya Velix