Ensign Talas Beck - Let's play with sensors, not knives (Narendra Bridge)

gs

Apr 18, 2021, 6:45:30 PM4/18/21
to StarBase 118 Ops a Star Trek PBEM RPG

(Bridge - USS Narendra)

Talas: Commander, sensors have got something,  a small craft has decloaked outsider the mine perimeter.

Dal: =/\= This is Commander Ishreth Dal of the Federtaion starship USS Narendra, may I ask who approaches? =/\=

Unknown Voice: =/\= Nu-qneH, USS Narendra. It appears you’ve strayed into a bit of trouble. =/\=

Dal: =/\= We have found a curious mechanical welcoming committee in our orbital path. May I ask who I am speaking with? =/\=

Galven: I was too busy making adjustments to the hologram to even notice there was anyone else nearby.

 Talas: We had no idea it was there until it was decloaking.

Unknown Voice: ::The woman ignored Dal’s question.:: =/\= Tell me - just how did you get here? =/\=

Dal: =/\= Upon formal summons to the judicial proceedings scheduled for this day. =/\=

Talas could see Taelon looking distressed, it seemed like odd behaviour. He remained quiet while the comm channel was open.

Galven: If what they're suggesting holds true, then once the mines are deactivated… ::turns to Taelon:: How much do you know about this type of craft?

Taelon: Um - I, uh, I have - I have some experience with it, um -

Dal muted the channel and Talas watched him approach Taelon, Talas then jumped a little as Taelon slapped himself, was there a problem?

Galven: Would it be possible to hyper-magnetize the craft and fly it via remote link away from us?

Taelon: W-we - we won’t need to. Commander - tell her, um, tell her - ‘With plenty of sacrifice.’ ::He paused for half a second before quickly answering the obvious question.:: I know her. She’s Counselor Dempok’s, um, cousin. That’s a - it’s a codephrase.

Unknown Voice: =/\= Life so often requires it, my friend. =/\= There was the briefest pause, then =/\= This is Huntress Kaskis Ril of the IKS NaQjej. My cousin sends his regards - and his aid. I would like come to board. =/\=

Dal: =/\= I would say the circumstances are with plenty of sacrifice. =/\=

Unknown Voice: =/\= Life so often requires it, my friend. =/\= There was the briefest pause, then =/\= This is Huntress Kaskis Ril of the IKS NaQjej. My cousin sends his regards - and his aid. I would like come to board. =/\=

Dal: =/\= We send our regards as well, and await your arrival. =/\=

Dal closed the channel and turned to the officers on his bridge.

Taelon: Long story. ::He said that quickly, nearly under his breath, before he spoke up again.:: She’s, um, trustworthy. She’s been fighting the cult for nearly 20 years.

Dal: Then her insight should be invaluable.

Talas: It feels nice to have someone on out side.

Galven: ?

Taelon: I worked for her s-some. It didn’t...um, end well.

Dal: Lieutenant, forgive me if I mix up my history but didn’t she stab you?

Talas: Klingons do like to do that

Tealon/Galven: ?

Dal: Well, I admit Klingons are not the only species with a deep cultural symbology to fighting with bladed weapons.

Galven/Tealon:

Talas didn’t know much about Klingon culture, only what was taught at the academy, he did however know about Andorian culture and knew knifes were also present ceremonially and in duels with them.

Dal: Huntress Kaskis Ril?  ::he queried politely, already assuming who he was speaking with by her presence.:: Welcome to the USS Narendra.  I am Commander Ishreth Dal.  Lieutenant Taelon, Ensigns Galven and Talas.  ::he gestured to each in turn.::

Kaskis: ?

Talas: Welcome aboard

Talas said politely, he did not say more than was needed.

Galven/Taelon: ?

Dal: I understand you have a keen interest in seeing the Cult of Molor defeated, and in this we are aligned.

Kaskis: ?

Talas: If there’s anything you can do to our sensors to help us detect their vessels, that would help a lot.

Talas had just asked a Klingon to help a Federation ship find cloaked Klingon ships. He hoped the context of the request was enough to not be rude.

Galven/Taelon/Dal/Kaskis: ?

--

Ensign Talas Beck

Helm