Klix Vraj: Time to Regroup ((strike team))

T M

Apr 16, 2021, 9:35:55 PM4/16/21
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

(( Qo’nos -Vergh Kruv: Outside the Capital Center))

Her estimation of the Federation group was increased by an uptick. At least they were good at adapting when things went outside the boundaries of the plan.

Vraj: Yes. we are going now ::She stood up and glanced to them:: Ensure you have your own sensors at work, we may run into trouble now.

Parvana: I will endeavour to keep my ears open as well.

Andrews: I'm glad you brought your ears with you, Lieutenant. They seem to definitely come in handy.

Borq: ?

Drevas: Literally. Can’t beat Caitian hearing, now. Let’s move on, shall we?

Vraj: I promised you I would be covert. However, I am not here to leash you. You control your own. ::She kept moving, quickening the pace:: Come on, the entrance to the capital building is only a few more moments away.

Yael:  ::to the team::  Let’s be quick.  Keep your eyes open for any more traps.

Andrews: It's a shame that traps kill you in real life, you know?  Not like in the stories where they just drop you into a pit or hang you by your ankle. Disappointing. ::He cleared his throat:: Okay, shutting up.

She gave Andrews a look that said she was very skeptical on his promise of silence.

Drevas: Hey, it’s okay. We’ll be careful, promise.

Borq: ?

They walked a ways further, and there were no more gun traps, at least not on the path they chose.  They came to a set of bars that stopped them, clearly another defensive barrier to protect the under area of the High Command, but the metal looked quite aged.  Vraj revealed a small laser cutter and began to cut the bars away strategically.

Vraj: This leads to just under one of the storage rooms of the capital building - we will enter from below, and then need to make our way up to our target.

Parvana: That sounds like a perfect place to enter unseen, though perhaps we should still be overly cautious.

Yael:  ::to the team::  Let’s keep it covert.  We want in and out with as little trouble as possible.

Andrews: ::Giving a thumbs up:: I am all for minimal trouble.

Drevas: Me, too. In and out – I don’t think we need more casualties today. Not after Anthony.

Borq: ?

Vraj:: So I suppose before we get into the fray, this is a good point for me to ask - what exactly do you know about your enemy?

Parvana: The Cult?  They are small but formidable, and are not above using chemical warfare to achieve their goals.

Drevas: We fought them before. The… the… ::He shook his head. He couldn’t remember the names of the ships the Narendra had battled on his first mission as a fully commissioned officer. Wowee. Now that’d been a hair raiser.:: …sorry. Can’t remember too much right now.

She nodded to what they stated.

Vraj: That is true - if I am overly sneaky and underhanded...well, they are beyond what I would consider acceptable ::She gave a very amused smile:: Even I have my standards.

Borq/Vraj: ?

Parvana: I would be quite interested in any further information you have, Vraj.  I’m sure you’re in a much better position to have intelligence than any of us.

Andrews: I would second that, actually. The uh, *expediency* of the mission sort of compressed the amount of time that we had to discuss details, and then with Captain Meeks getting incapacitated, we never really got to revisit it.

Drevas: No time like the present to do that, I think!

Vraj: I always pictured the federation as having tedious briefings and the like. ::She skewed a brow upward and shook her head, talking as she lead:: So the cult’s leader is Kelemekor the beautiful, as he is known ::and her voice started to be come tainted with acid: And he is known for manipulating people’s minds.

Borq:

Vraj:::She exhaled:: Including the mind of a Klingon named General G’gur. He is the one I seek. ::And then she turned and they moved into the Storage room she had mentioned, glancing around.

It was quiet -and she had a moment to consider that it was likely to quiet.

Parvana: Ah, Vraj, you are a marvel indeed.  Where do we go from here?

Vraj:  From here, it’s a matter of navigating to the lifts and going upwards. I don’t know the exact placement of individuals so we will need to be careful, as you all have stated.

Parvana: Then, if I may suggest, we…

And then there was a moment of everyone’s hackles rising, and then a sound of an echo, a bang, and a hiss. She cursed in Klingon, saying something intensely offensive. Then there was laughter - this was not good.

Andrews: ::whispering:: Damn it. Company.

Drevas: You don’t say. ::He looked to Ashley.:: Orders, sir?

As they made decisions, she pulled out her blade from the inside of her armor, narrowing her eyes, reading for battle.

Borq: ?

Yael:  ::as quietly as possible::  Drevas, Andrews, Borq.  I want you to stealth up the back aisle there.  Come up behind those Klingons... *disable* them... try not to kill them.

She frowned faintly, but did not make any agreement to that herself. They could choose as they wished.

Andrews: ::whispering:: Check.

Drevas: Understood.

Borq:  ?

Yael:  ::still whispering::  Parvana.  You’re more agile than us.  Go *atop* the canisters in the center of the room, silently as possible, and stun any Klingons who touch their communicators before the team can take them down.

Parvana:  ?

Yael:  ::whispering yet again::    I’ll be the distraction.

She looked towards the Denoblian and looked amused.

Andrews: ::strained whisper:: Wait, what? How exactly are you going to do that...sir?

Drevas: Sir, are you sure? ::He looked visibly worried. Ashley wasn’t the fighting type, that much was obvious.::

Borq/Parvana:  ?

Vraj: Are you certain that you want to do this? ::She looked to the Denoblian as if he had forsaken sanity::

Yael:  I’ll go up this closer aisle and draw their attention.  ::pausing::  There's three of you, and three Klingons.  Pick your target and strike fast.  We can’t let them call for backup or report our presence.

And then he was off - Well, she had to respect the urge to be daring. She just hoped they would not need to carry a body through the building and be slowed down by it.

Andrews: ::hushed:: All right, let's pray Ashley doesn't get dead and take those guys out.

She kept ready - while she was not afraid of battle, she was indeed someone who was willing to let them go first. She would be ready to clean up any messes that were made, and take advantage of the distraction they provided.

Yael:  ::chuckling lightly as black Klingon eyes fell on him in disbelief::  Hey guys, sorry to interrupt.  Can you tell me where the restroom is?  I seem to have gotten lost.

Tall Klingon:  ::flummoxed::  What?!

Fat Klingon:  Who is that pa’tak?!

And the attention was gotten, and one started to aggressively move up.

Lead Klingon:  WHO are you and HOW did you get in here?!

Yael:  ::trying to keep up the ruse long enough::  I tell you, this place is like a maze…

Tall Klingon:  A trespasser, here?  ::smiling as he realized::  We could have *fun* with this one, and no one would ever know.

She narrowed her eyes to that - these were honorable Klingons...Hah.

Yael:  Guys, relax!  I'm just your friendly neighborhood Denobulan.

And then there was the sound of scuffling, and anger rising and she glanced to the Federation dogs, waiting for them to move.

Lead Klingon:  ::growling::   You think you’re *clever* getting in here, do you?

Andrews: ::whispering:: Okay team, follow my lead!

Matthel: Got it.

Vraj: Very well - we fight

Borq/Parvana/: ?

Andrews was the first -firing from crouched position, followed by Drevas. She waited to see how the plan started to move, and she had to admit, she was impressed. The most elderly of the Klingons went down first - unconscious immediately. Then there were the others to deal with.

Elderly Klingon: [insert Klingon swear word here]! You- ::The man passed out on the ground with a grunt.::

Fat Klingon: What in-? Augh!

Drevas: One more!

A bat’leth was soon added into the equation, and swung around by the tallest Klingon, and using Ash as a shield.

She hissed in anger as their advantage was swept away.

Borq/Parvana/Vraj:  ?

Lead Klingon: I knew it! All of your lives are forfeit, starting with this Denobulon worm! Surrender now and beg for a painless death!

Andrews: ::under breath:: Damn it!

Drevas: ::muttered through gritted teeth:: Coward.

Vraj:::She snorted and called to the klingon:: That is putting it mildly. This man is no warrior. He is refuse. Trash. ::And added in a particularly nasty and cutting swear in Klingon::

Borq/Parvana/Vraj:  ?

Drevas: Hiding behind a meat shield? Not very Klingon of you, friend. Isn’t Klingon tradition about facing your opponents head on?

She could see what Drevas was trying - taunting, making the guard angry to make him foolish. But she could see in her fellow Klingon’s eyes that he was not falling for it.

Borq/Parvana/Andrews:  ?

Lead Klingon: ::snarling:: Your taunts will not work on me, interlopers! Now! Kneel before me and beg!

Drevas: Oh? Why do you need us to kneel, then? Afraid that you can’t take us down yourself? Four against one! It would be a most glorious duel! Come on, then. Or are you afraid of being proven wrong?

As he talked, she raised her knife, preparing for a strike

Borq/Parvana/Vraj/Andrews:  ?

And then all of a sudden - Ash was abandoned, dropped by the tall Klingon, as he lunged towards Drevas, Bat’leth raised. And Drevas evaded, and the bladed weapon went down into the floor with a metallic ringing that echoed through the hall.

Drevas: Now!

Vraj: Take him down!

Borq/Parvana/Vraj/Andrews:  ?

Drevas took advantage of the situation, and shot the man directly in the back. She nearly laughed at the sight of it.

Lead Klingon: ::muffled:: Hypocrite! :groaning: You sshhhhhpeak of head on combat…

Drevas: Newsflash - we’re not Klingons. Sorry.

And there was a moment as they all gathered their wits about them, regrouping after the unexpected battle. And then she heard Drevas.

Drevas: I’m- I’m so sorry. I- I probably ruined our element of surprise, I-

Vraj looked to the man and she could not believe what she saw - tears starting to spring from his eyes, his hands balling up. As if suddenly despair had caught him in it’s grip, and she curled her lip, crossing the way over to him and with one hand, moved to slapped him across the cheek. Despite her anger, she was controlled. She did not believe in mistreatment of her men - but that did not mean she was kind. She ensured her strike was hard enough to get his attention, but held back enough to ensure there was no injury.

Vraj: Quit your whining! ::She snarled:: We are alive, we are still able to move, and we have a job to do. We move forward. We do not have time for this. Use your sensors - is there anyone else coming ::She looked o the rest of the group::

Borq/Parvana/Andrews/Yael/Drevas:  ?

Vraj:::She turned and narrowed her eyes, tilting her head down:: Remember that I am not one of yours, Federation Dogs. I have gotten you this far. You have taken care of the enemy. We are now in the last leagues of this mission before we are rid of one another. Let’s not break this alliance now...when we have so much to gain, and so much to lose.

Borq/Parvana/Andrews/Yael/Drevas:  ?

She sheathed her weapon and started to look over the fallen Klingons. She searched carefully and found what she was looking for - a device that would give them the internal layout of the building, and means to figure out where the guards were. She offered it up to them

Vraj: We can use this to avoid more guards and avoid continued fights. In the meantime, we put these individuals in the shaft, and we’ll take their communication devices to keep track of the feeds.

Borq/Parvana/Andrews/Yael/Drevas:  ?

Klix Vraj
Pirate/Profiteer
Simmed by: