Fleet Captain Taybrim - Pride and Joy (Tags: ALL)

Jamie LeBlanc

Apr 28, 2019, 2:17:26 PM4/28/19
to Sb118 Ops
((Commercial Sector, Docks, Starbase 118 - Aboard the Sunrise))

::It was the main event. The lights were low, the stage was set and the Station’s CO had a podium with ribbons, recognitions and even a few pips tucked away.

Sal loved giving awards. He enjoyed recognizing the hard work his crew had done. He set his features into an easy, laid back smile and read the messages on the screen::

Taybrim: I want to start by calling up First Lieutenant Daniel Cain.

Cain: ?

::He took up a box as well as a PADD::

Taybrim: Lieutenant Cain, this first set of awards is long overdue. Admiral Renos contacted me saying that you were on a personal leave when these should have been awarded. I am pleased to be able to still recognize the hard work you put forward on the Apollo. For your actions in the line of duty, you are awarded with the Explorer’s Ribbon and the Lifesaving Ribbon.

::He moved to Cain, offered the box as well as his hand to shake.::

Cain: ?

Taybrim: Your work, and the work of your fellow Apollo crewmates in the delta quadrant was groundbreaking. I am sad that it did not continue longer, but I am glad that you are all here on Ops with us. ::He reached back and snatched the PADD from the podium:: Oh, I nearly forgot! This ::he offered the PADD to Cain:: is an official message from Admiral Renos thanking you for your hard work on the Apollo as you missed his final awards in person.

::Sal hoped that this was a bit of comfort from a rough transition. It was hard to be moved in the flotsam and jetsam of Starfleet shuffles when one didn’t know why they were being moved and one hadn’t done anything to warrant the move. But he knew that the crew was strong and they had already proven themselves on Ops.::

Cain: ?

::Looking up to the assembled he smiled gently. Time to move to things that he personally had witnessed. It was a bit easier for him to talk about.::

Taybrim: May I have Major Fairhug, Lieutenants Adler, Cain and Williams, Ensigns D’Fini and Dar please join me?

Fairhug/Adler/Cain/Williams/D’Fini/Dar: ?

::He smiled at the group. What a fantastic group of officers.::

Taybrim: Your group docked at StarBase 118 Ops and immediately jumped in to help us. Moreover you came up with a creative antivirus that neutralized a dangerous situation with our holoemitters. Who knows how many people could have been injured or killed if you hadn’t been there to help. For going above and beyond while using creative technology to help save our station I award you all with the Innovation Ribbon.

::he grinned. It really was a marvelous job they had done purging the holoemitter virus from the systems.::

Fairhug/Adler/Cain/Williams/D’Fini/Dar: ?

Taybrim: Mr. Adler and Mr. Dar – please stay up here.

Dar/Adler: ?

Taybrim: I wanted to specially recognize the both of you for being leaders in your team. Ensign Dar you reached out to our teams as a liaison in the security sector which helped all teams coordinate. Lieutenant Adler, you took lead on communication between our groups helping to put forward out solutions. For your leadership and willingness to help everyone work together I would like to recognize you with the Captain’s Commendation.

Dar/Adler: ?

Taybrim: Thank you both… ::He looked to the others:: and thank you all so much!

Fairhug/Adler/Cain/Williams/D’Fini/Dar: ?

Any: ?

::He looked around and his gaze fell upon the Denobulan counselor.::

Taybrim: Counselor Malko, if you could please join me?

Malko: ?

Taybrim: Counselor, you were part of the lead on our promenade rescue teams. I was very impressed by how easily you were able to jump into this important role, keeping civilians calm, helping teams rescue trapped individuals and communicating with other teams to ensure we had a successful rescue effort with minimal injuries. For this I would like to recognize your actions with the Captain’s Commendation.

::he smiled while offering the ribbon to Malko. It was hard for a new counselor to jump into an unknown situation, but Malko had done so with energy and professional skill.::

Malko: ?

Taybrim: I’m not quite done yet ::he winked in a slightly mischievous, but friendly way.:: Counselor Malko, upon recommendation of Major Fairhug and Admiral Renos you have proven yourself to be a skilled officer who has grown in his abilities and leadership. I saw this in one short mission, and I trust the recommendations of such respected officers. For all of your hard work and continued growth I hearby award you with the rank of Lieutenant junior grade, with all rights and responsibilities therein, effective immediately.

::Sal moved forward to formally present the second half-pip to the young counselor. He was intensely proud of Malko and had high hopes that the counselor would continue to do amazing work moving forward.::

Malko: ?

Taybrim: Congratulations, Lieutenant!

Malko: ?

Any: ?

::Sal took in a deep breath and started looking through the remaining crowd, eyes fixing upon Commanders Kasun and Nijil::

Taybrim: Ishani, Nijil, if you could please join me?

Kasun/Nijil: ?

Taybrim: I know both of you have been thrust into leadership roles on the starbase, and while sometimes you might wonder if that was the best decision, you both continue to prove yourself as leaders who can take the necessary steps to protect the civilians and crew of Starbase 118 as well as this entire starbase. For your quick thinking actions, shutting down the holoemitters and protecting the commercial center and all the civilians within I award you both with the Good Conduct ribbon.

Nijil/Kasun: ?

::He smiled towards Nijil in particular. The new first officer had struggled with his leadership style, but so far Nijil had done well in keeping his teams and the people around him safe. He haded Nijil his ribbon and then moved to Ishani. He was intensely proud of the security officer – she had grown immensely in the past few years, into a tremendous officer that the crew respected. He could not be more proud.::

Taybrim: Thank you both so much.

Nijil/Kasun: ?

::he looked to the last little group. No, he had not overlooked anyone! He smiled towards Max and Reema::

Taybrim: Lieutenant Maxwell, Lieutenant Poq, if you could please join me?

Maxwell/Poq: ?

Taybrim: Both of you faced some of the most harrowing of the malfunctions and you prevailed. Your actions were the lynchpin of our antivirus solution and your clever work made it happen. To recognize all you have done, I award you both with the Captain’s Commendation.

::he was so proud of Reema, she was becoming a fantastic officer and he had full confidence in her. And max – how far had Max come from the trigger happy officer who punched a civilian? Now he was a strong young man who had become a leader in his own right.::

Maxwell/Poq: ?

Taybrim: Thank you both so much.

Maxwell/Poq: ?

::he reach out and caught Max’s arm very gently::

Taybrim: Oh, stay up here… ::his dark eyes sparkled with bright pride.:: I’m not quite done.

Maxwell: ?

Taybrim: Mr. Maxwell, I have watched you grow from a tentative Ensign, to a hotheaded lieutenant. You have had your downs and your ups. You have always stood by the side of your crew, formed relationships, made friends and protected others. You have become a leader in your own right. And for this ::he couldn’t hide the smile any longer:: I hereby award you the rank of Lieutenant Commander, with all rights and responsibilities therein, effective immediately.

::Maybe it was no coincidence that Max’s family was present?::

Maxwell: ?

::Sal handed him the pip and them wrapped an arm around Arturo in a brotherly hug::

Taybrim: I’m proud of you, Max. You’ve come a long way!

Maxwell: ?

Any: ?

~*~
Tags/tbc
~*~

Fleet Captain Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer
StarBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck
E239010ST0