Ensign Ghant Xerix - Party On, Wayne

ghantxerix

Jun 6, 2019, 10:40:43 PM6/6/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Montreal
((Workbee 2- Cait Spacedock))

Xerix: =/\= Yes, Sir. Although I would prefer a near hit to a near miss. =/\=

Hamasaki. =/\= It might be risky, but about the only other thing we could do is fire weapons on it, and while that'd give it delta-vee, I think worker-bees don't have weapons, and they'd be upset at us. =/\= ::wry:: =/\= I'm open to other suggestions. =/\=

Galven: =/\= Galven & Rosek to Work Bee 1 and 2, what if we formed a triangulating tractor beam at the same time around the cargo sled? =/\=

Xerix: =/\= Worker bee 2 here, with respect Sirs. Tractor beams aren’t going to cut it. Estimated impact in less than three minutes, let’s push to change its course. The Astraeus doesn’t need a sunroof =/\=

Hamasaki: =/\= Agreed. We don't have the time we'd need for a triangulating tractor beam to work. =/\=

::Lael studied the sled’s trajectory and then did a series of quick calculations in her head, grimacing. They were right. Besides which a quick study of the Astraeus’s status revealed that the larger ship’s tractor beam wasn’t functional yet.::

Rosek: =/\=We need to literally get in the sled’s way. Any suggestion on how we can stop it once we do?=/\=

Galven: =/\= Response =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Lieutenant Hamasaki, Ensign Xerix, I think we can help. The Astraeus tractor beams are not fully calibraated yet, but they should be able to slow the sled for you. One moment. =/\=

::While Mei was otherwise occupied, Lael initiated the sequence to start up the little vessel’s thrusters.::

Rosek: ::to German:: Keep an eye on the power output levels. If we’re going to be pushing the thrusters to maximum, we stand a chance that they could overheat. That’s the last thing we need right now.

Xerix: =/\= Captain, that bought us some time but we’re not out of the swamp by any stretch. Worker bee 1 what’s your status? =/\=

Hamasaki: =/\= Attaching to the hull and preparing to punch thrusters to max. Ready when you're attached. =/\=

Mei'konda: Response

Rosek: ::eyes the sensor readings:: =/\=Hold her steady, Mr. Xerix.=/\=

Galven: Response

Hamasaki: =/\= Course alteration is working. Tug is now moving ..mmm.. one seven six mark zero two relative to the station. Deflection is eight degrees. We just need two more degrees. Time to impact is two minutes. =/\=

Rosek: ::studies the navigation screen:: =/\=We’re within range. I’m pulling up alongside Mr. Xerix to see if I can use the craft’s robot arms to exert a bit more control over the sled’s path.=/\=

Xerix: =/\= Aye sir =/\=

Rosek: =/\=Rosek to Xerix. We’re going to extend the robot arms. When they make contact, we’ll use our motion to pull the sled away from its current course. I’ve sent up a direct link with your workbee’s computer so we can match course and don’t pull each other apart.=/\=

Xerix: =/\= synchronization...complete. Proceed =/\=

Rosek: ::enters a series of commands into the console and turns to German:: Extend the arms and see if you can make contact.

Galven: Response

Mei'konda: Response

::The seconds ticked by and Lael stared intently at the sensor readings. They were almost there.::

Rosek: Altering our course. ::to German:: Let’s see if we can get those last couple of degrees.

::Though her gaze remained intently focused on the navigation screen, her eyes did occasionally flicker to the sensors. They were so close. Just a bit more. Her brow furrowed as she adjusted their course another couple of degrees, hoping to pull the sled along.::

Hamasaki: =/\= Deflection is now.. one zero point two degrees. We'll have a near hit, and we'll need to retrieve it from space, but the Astraeus will no longer impact the tug. We can return to base now. Hopefully they've retrieved the pattern buffer. =/\=

Xerix: =/\=Workbee 2 returning to base.=/\=

Mei'konda: Response

Rosek: =/\=Understood. Rosek out.=/\= ::turns to German with a grin:: Well, that was unexpected. But it’s good to know that even after a few months of minimal action, we’re still sharp.

Galven: Response

Rosek: ::smirks:: I believe we have a dance to finish...and a conversation.

Galven: Response

((Later, Cait Spacedock shuttlebay))

::Ghant wiped the Vole grime off his boot and straighten his hair. His dress jacket was MIA, but blessedly he didn’t look much the worse for wear. He prayed that the others had fixed the transporters and murdered the vermin, because he hadn’t done nearly enough drinking, dancing, and socializing.::

:: He sauntered off to find the others, eager to return to the party::

Ensign Ghant Xerix
Helm/Navigation Officer
USS Veritas
V239505GX0