Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek: Ready For Testing

Lael Rosek

Dec 26, 2018, 11:38:53 PM12/26/18
to sb118-m...@googlegroups.com

((Captain’s Ready Room, USS Montreal))

::Lael sighed and straightened her uniform, clutching the PADD in her right hand. After months of hard work and the odd distraction, she and Tim Alentonis, a civilian archaeologist, had finally completed work on the Reskariaerr alloy that had the unique ability to block radiation, particularly tetryon radiation commonly found in the Shoals. The alloy itself held promise in protecting buildings as well as starships. If this worked, it could boost their operational efficiency and communications range by 25%. While communications outside of the Shoals would still be pretty spotty, it would clear them up immensely within the Shoals.::

::The PADD in her hand was the final proposal ready to hand to Mei for his approval and permission to take their research to the next level. If he said yes, she and Tim would start lining the shuttle for a test flight. From there, if the tests were successful, they’d put the finishing touches on their project to pitch to command. She was hoping that once it had gone through all of the proper bureaucratic channels, the Montreal and possibly the Veritas if Captain Rahman was interested, would be the testbeds for new technology that could benefit the entire fleet.::

::She raised her thumb to the door chime and pressed it.::

Mei’konda: Response

::The doors parted and she stepped inside, a slightly nervous smile crossing her lips as her gaze fell upon Mei’konda. A couple months ago, standing here would have been intimidating. But ever since she’d become his first officer, there’d been a level of comfort between them that hadn’t been there before. Not that she and Mei hadn’t gotten along well as colleagues before this. In fact, toward the end of her time as Chief Engineer of the Veritas, she’d become comfortable enough to joke with him.::

Mei’konda: Response

Rosek: ::offers him the PADD:: I know I could have just sent it to your inbox, sir. ::smiles:: But I thought I’d take the chance that you’d have a moment to spare.

Mei’konda: Response

Rosek: ::nods:: Dr. Alentonis and I believe we have solid enough data to test it on one of the shuttles.

Mei’konda: Response

Rosek: I thought, if you approve, I could take Ensign Harkrow and Lieutenant Galven along for the ride, sir. Their expertise could prove invaluable.

Mei’konda: Response

---

Executive Officer
USS Montreal, NCC-64927