Ensign Charlena Vanlith - Perfect reflection

sophie philbrook

Jun 8, 2019, 4:58:32 PM6/8/19
to sb118-m...@googlegroups.com

((The Den, Cait Spacedock))

Mei'konda: I’ll make sure to take good care of her, Commander.  Thank you for the good wishes. :: He inclined his head toward Kelrod, then Vanlith. :: The Commander here will take good care of you, Ensign.  If you both will excuse me, I am going to go fiind my husband.

Vanlith: Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Kelrod: :: Seeing him moving out to meet Delano :: There he goes...

:: With a more gracious smile, the Caitian took a step back and was joined by his husband ::

Kelrod: So, you're still free of any engagement?

Vanlith: ::Charlena was a little confused and surprised by this statement. She didn't feel that Kelrod would want to stay talking to her now it was just them. She was used to being left alone more often than not by those around her from home so someone willing to stay was a shock.:: I was a bit shocked you'd want to stay Sir. But then it seems like everyone is grouped off at the moment.

Kelrod: :: Seeing her surprised reaction :: Hehehe, yeah, it is. Sorry if it bothered you. Its just that it seems that most of the senior crew is finding someone to share personal life on this ship. Just was curious about you, … :: taking a sip of his mug ::

Vanlith: I have my fair share of family problems and dramas as I'm sure everyone does. I'm not sure here is the best place to dwell of those problems though.

Kelrod: I might need to check on with Orrey one of those days... I won't keep you from joining the others if you want to, besides, I might find some of my old crewmates. Maybe Rosek, Tel-ar …I believe I've even saw Solok wandering around.

::Charlena nodded::

Vanlith: Enjoy your evening Sir

Kelrod: See you on the ship, okay? Enjoy the party

Vanlith: I'll see you there Sir

::He raised his mug to her and then turned to fade between the different groups of people. ::

::Charlena turned and looked around her. She never had been good at joining conversations that were mid flow. She felt like she was interrupting or out of place. Slowly as she looked around her she made her way to the bar almost walking into it as she placed her order and collected her drink. She headed towards the window to look out at the empty space around her smiling slightly to herself as she reached her destination taking in the view.::

::She stared out into the space her reflection in the glass making herself smile. She looked good and she wondered when she last worried about what she looked like and it wasn't often. Being at a party like this gave her reason to look good and slowly she was completely relaxing in this environment.::

Anyone: Response

Ensign Charlena Vanlith

Engineering Officer

USS Veritas