Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek: An End To The Madness

Lael Rosek

Dec 22, 2018, 11:24:54 PM12/22/18
to sb118-m...@googlegroups.com

((Unknown Planetoid))

::As soon as she’d closed the comm line with German, she opened it to Tel-ar and Harkrow. They were working on borrowed time here. She had the feeling the pirates had already figured out their end game and were likely working to secure the prisoners. Who knew how much more they’d have to fight through or how the risks would magnify with each moment it took them to reach the prisoners.::

Rosek:  =/\=Rosek to Tel-ar and Harkrow. Let’s see if we can’t finish these bastards off. We have ten, if not more, to deal with.=/\=

Harkrow: :: through gritted teeth :: =/\= Working on… it… ::grunt:: ...little busy… =/\=

::Lael grimaced. She should have expected that they’d encounter resistance once they were in the caves. It was part of why she’d sent them ahead. It sounded like German and his team were, thankfully, not having the same issues. The fewer pirates they came across, the better. The blasts that had disabled most of the pirates had likely come from the Montreal parked in orbit.::

Rosek: o0 Note to self. Put in whoever fired those shots for a commendation. 0o

Tel-ar: =/\= As you wish but I believe the number is actually lower than your estimation. =/\= :: Even as he said it he was trying to determine what direction he should go in next. ::

::Closing the comm line, Lael turned to Oakes and Eisley. She almost wished she’d sent at least one of them ahead with Tel-ar. She’d just have to trust that Tel-ar and Harkrow could handle themselves. Refocusing her attention on the task at hand, she motioned the two men forward and they entered the caves. As they went deeper, she heard noises that sounded like fighting. Her grip on her phaser tensed as she picked up the pace, moving in the sound of the noise.::

::They arrived just in time to find Tel-ar and Harkrow standing with a group of unconscious pirates laying around them.::

Rosek: ::nods to Tel-ar:: You all right there, Commander?

Tel-ar: Response

Shin: =/\= Lieutenant Shin to Commander Rosek. =/\=

Rosek: ::taps her commbadge:: =/\= Go ahead, Lieutenant.=/\=

Shin: =/\= Commander I am sending you a set of coordinates. There is a Klingon male with a detonator set on a large number of explosives there. =/\=

::She huffed. It had to be explosives. Damn, these guys didn’t fool around. Either they were callously homicidal or they were just that damn desperate not to get caught. Who did they think they were playing with? Starfleet didn’t give in to terrorists and she wasn’t about to give this guy any kind of upper hand in the situation. They had to get to the prisoners before it was too late.::

::She motioned to her team to start moving, sending the coordinates to Tel-ar and Harkrow’s tricorders. They’d take the lead while she watched their six in case any pirates tried to sneak up on them.::

Rosek: ::nods:: =/\= Got it. We’re en route.=/\=

Shin: =/\= Yes, you and your team are needed there asap. Ensign Vardai is working on blocking the detonator from setting them off. =/\=

Rosek: =/\= We’re working on it, Lieutenant. See if you can get a weapons lock on the explosives. If it comes down to it, we beam the prisoners out quickly and blow this place to kingdom come before this Klingon gets the chance.=/\=

Shin: =/\= Aye, sir. =/\=

((OOC: Another little jump.))

::As they approached the coordinates, she could see the Klingon in question along with a couple of his watchdogs surrounding the prisoners. She wasn’t at all surprised to find the mentioned explosives within sight. She only hoped Vardai had made progress in disabling them or she’d be giving an order she’d had ever intention to avoid giving.::

::Her gaze locked with Tel-ar’s and she jerked her head toward where the Klingon stood, hoping he understood what she was asking him to do. He was more than likely the stronger one and would be more able to take the man down. It was possible her and Harkrow’s engineering skills might be needed.::

::Out of the corner of her eye, she saw German approaching and she brought a finger to her lips, pointing to Tel-ar. German seemed to get the message, staying put. The flicker of the forcefields dropping caught her eye and she noted the Klingon’s surprise as he jumped backwards, bumping into Tel-ar.::

Tel-ar / Harkrow / Any: Response

Warvan: What in the… HOW?!

Galven: ::points phaser:: Stay right where you are!

/ Cullin / Fergus / Cattan: Response

::She raised her phaser, holding it on the Klingon, her gaze narrowed as she glanced toward the prisoners, doing a mental headcount. They’d determined that there was an equal ratio of them to pirates so she kept that in mind as she counted. Her stomach dropped when her count fell one short. Maybe she’d missed one, but she didn’t have the luxury of lingering on it. They’d account for all of the prisoners when they were back aboard the Montreal with the Artemis crew safe.::

Warvan: Err::beat::parlay? I wish for asylum.

Rosek: o0 Are you out of your damned mind? 0o

::The words almost slipped before she could stop them. He’d been about to blow an entire group of innocent people up and he was asking for asylum. A scowl crossed her lips. She wouldn’t kill him unnecessarily, but she was damned glad granting asylum wasn’t her call or the Klingon would find himself on a transport to a penal colony before he could bat an eyelash.::

Tel-ar / Harkrow / Fergus / Cattan / Any: Response

Galven: ::to Fergus and Cattan:: Check to see if the Artemis crew are safe for transport.

Fergus / Cattan: Response

Galven: ::sighs:: Glad that’s over!

Tel-ar / Harkrow / Cullin / Fergus / Cattan / Any: Response

::Leaving Tel-ar and the others to their tasks, her gaze locked with German’s and she jerked her head toward the far corner of the room, not looking back to see if he followed. She was too lost in what might have happened if the Montreal bridge crew hadn’t disabled the explosives. Her heart was still thudding hard inside her chest, her shallow breathing a giveaway to the adrenaline still coursing through her veins.::

::When they rounded a corner and found a secluded space that was still in sight of the others, she turned to him her gaze locking with his.::

Rosek: ::arches her eyebrow:: “Have faith”? We just barely escaped a fire fight alive and you tell me “have faith”?

Galven: Response

Rosek: ::gaze drops from his and she shakes her head:: It doesn’t matter. It’s done. ::gaze meets his:: You--you did well back there. With the Bolian. I--You didn’t hesitate. With the Orion that attacked me after you left, I--I did and it almost got me killed.

Galven: Response

Rosek: ::exhales shakily:: After Temlai--I don’t kill unless I have no other option.

Galven: Response

::She shook herself from the memories. There was a time and a place for that discussion and this wasn’t it.::

Rosek: =/\=Rosek to Bridge.=/\=

Mei’konda / Vardai / Kawakame / Any: =/\=Response=/\=

Rosek: =/\=The explosives are disabled and the pirates have been detained. Whenever you’re ready, start beaming up the Artemis crew.=/\=

Mei’konda: =/\=Response=/\=

Rosek: ::nods:: =/\=Understood, sir. Rosek out.=/\=

Galven: Response

Rosek: ::pauses:: We’ll talk about it once we wrap up the loose ends.

Galven: Response

Tel-ar / Harkrow / Fergus / Cattan / Any: =/\=Response=/\=

---

Executive Officer
USS Montreal, NCC-64927
I238110RH0