Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek: Let Us Help

Lael Rosek

Dec 31, 2018, 2:08:24 PM12/31/18
to sb118-m...@googlegroups.com

((Sickbay, USS Montreal))

::Lael grimaced as the weight she placed on her right leg caused it to throb. She’d injured it more than a few times over the years, but never had something as simple as putting weight on it caused her pain when she’d done nothing to re-injure it. At least she didn’t think she’d done anything. After having to hobble around on that forearm crutch for two days after the incident in the Havley’s Hope mines, she wasn’t looking forward to a repeat.::

::A loud clatter drew her abruptly out of her thoughts as she entered Sickbay and she automatically dropped into a fight stance, fully prepared to defend herself. It took a moment or two for her to realize she was in Sickbay, not a combat zone. Her heart was still racing and she had to force herself to draw in deep, calming breaths as she assessed her surroundings. In one corner of the room laid a medical tricorder, still active.::

::Her gaze searched the remainder of the room, her brow furrowing when she saw Shin with the new ensign nurse in front of him. The hairs on the back of Lael’s neck prickled and she stiffened. Something didn’t feel right. She searched the ensign’s features, noting what appeared to be anxiety there.::

Shin: You alright? :: He asked as he stepped around to the foot of the bed.::

Grog: Reaction/Response?

Shin: What do you mean?

Grog: Reaction/Response

Rosek: ::softly:: Ensign Grog...are you all right?

Grog: Response

::Her gaze flickered to the woman’s Trill spots and her brow furrowed as a thought occurred to her. While Lael was by no means an expert on joined Trill physiology or psychology, but she’d heard of cases where a joining went awry and led to temporary psychosis. But from what she understood, Trill hosts were very carefully screened for any indicators that a joining would lead to such things.::

Rosek: If you don’t mind me asking, Ensign, when were you joined?

Grog: Response

::She nodded slowly. Five years ago. So any side effects of the joining would presumably have shown up in the psych evals that were required as part of signing one’s contract with Starfleet. She took a couple of cautious steps toward the ensign until she stood beside Shin, her gaze never leaving Grog’s.::

Rosek: Focus on me, Ensign. ::pauses:: You’re safe, but you need to calm down.

Grog: Response

Rosek: ::glances at Shin:: Lieutenant Kawakame and I want to help you, but first you need to tell us what’s going on.

Grog: Response

((OOC: I didn’t add much. Just enough to mesh Shin’s tags with mine.))

---

Executive Officer
USS Montreal, NCC-64927
I238110RH0