Lieutenant Commanders Lael Rosek & Chythar Skyfire, Ensign Beelam Grog: The Meltdown Redux, Part I

Lael Rosek

Mar 5, 2019, 1:58:09 AM3/5/19
to sb118-m...@googlegroups.com

OOC: Takes place before Physician Heal Thyself

((First Officer’s Office, USS Montreal))

::Lael stared at the PADD, pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration. The last mission had been stressful enough without another incident with Ensign Grog. She’d exploded at her direct superior over a medical call he’d made. As upset as Lael herself had been when Chythar had filled her in on the details, she trusted Chythar’s judgment. He’d saved her life at least a few times and she’d witnessed him save the lives of countless others.::

:: Chythar grimaced. He recognized that look. That was the look where she got all serious and authoritative on him, which meant that he was either in trouble or that she was about to interrogate him involving something crazy-serious professional. He had a feeling he knew what this was about...but he didn’t want to presume. His mental shields were as high as he could get them in light of the circumstances. ::

::The fact that Beelam had had another meltdown...and in the midst of a critical situation no less...was more than a little disconcerting. Lael wanted the young ensign to have every opportunity to reach her potential, but Beelam couldn’t do that if she couldn’t maintain her composure and follow her direct superior’s orders. Lael sighed. She’d done it once, so she’d be a hypocrite to expect it to never happen with Beelam.::

::But Lael had learned her lesson and she only hoped that Beelam caught on too and quickly. As it stood, the woman posed a danger to the ship and the crew in serious situations with her unpredictable reactions.::

Rosek: What are we going to do with this? If I recall correctly, she was supposed to attend a psychological evaluation with Femi. Did she?

Skyfire: I honestly don’t know. I booked the appointment, but when I spoke to Bee about it she said it wasn’t necessary for me to go with her. I think I should have just to ensure she went. However, given the fact she demanded her blanket means that my recommendation to Dr. Cattan about the uniform modification and medication did not get brought up.

Rosek: ::shakes her head:: I’ll check with Femi about it, but I’m wondering if Beelam even showed up. ::pauses:: Clearly, we need to set up another appointment and remove Beelam from the duty roster until I receive confirmation from Femi that she’s completed the evaluation and has determined that it’s safe for Beelam to return to duty.

:: He nods slightly. The last thing he needed was to be short-handed in his department, but then again, he knew how important it was given how close to suicide he’d become during either his meltdowns or reckless experiments trying to cure exactly this sort of problem. ::

Skyfire: Agreed.

((Grog’s Quarters, Deck 9))

::Bee and Miko had talked for a long time before he left and after she still continued to lay there on the floor under her blanket, hardly thinking. She wanted to get up and run to the people who could help her most but the effort seemed too great for her at the moment. It was all these thoughts and feelings that lead her back to the personal letter that she had written only what felt like a little bit ago.::

oO If only someone would read it. Oo

::The thought itself sparked something in her. It was as if the Prophets were compelling her to get up and have her fate decided.::

Grog: You can do this, just peel back the blanket, get up and go talk to them.

::Slowing and almost painfully she got up and made her way to the First Officer’s Office.::

((First Officer’s Office, USS Montreal))

::Doorbell chimes::

::Bee stood there waiting for the occupant to let her in. As she did her nerves started to come back, causing her to rock back and forth on her heels. Everything had been so up and down lately and she was sick of it.::

::Beelam gave the door chime another push and waited a few more seconds before considering going back to her room.::

Rosek: Enter.

:: Chythar turns around to watch Bee enter, and he swallowed hard as he tried to put words together into a sentence. ::

Skyfire: Hello, ensign. We were just conversing about your missed appointment.

::Bee stayed silent as the subject became difficult to talk about. She wanted to say something, she really did, but if she tried she couldn’t and wouldn’t know what to say.::

Grog: I… ::Hum.::

Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek

Executive Officer

USS Montreal, NCC-64927

I238110RH0

&

Ensign Beelam Grog

Nurse

USS Montreal NCC-64927

M239512BG0

&

Lieutenant Commander Chythar Skyfire, MD

Chief Medical Officer

USS Montreal, NCC-64927

O239002CS0