Lieutenant Commanders Lael Rosek & Chythar Skyfire, Ensign Beelam Grog: The Meltdown Redux, Part II

Aly Drolet

Mar 5, 2019, 1:58:34 AM3/5/19
to sb118-m...@googlegroups.com

((First Officer’s Office, USS Montreal))

::Lael glanced briefly in Chythar's direction before her expression softened, a warm smile crossing her lips as she turned to Beelam. She then motioned to the empty chair in front of her desk.::

Rosek: ::gently:: Please...have a seat, Bee.

::The way the woman spoke was comforting but it did little to actually take away the uncomfortable feeling.::

Grog: Do…::swallow:: you mind if I stand?

::The words were forced and difficult to get out.::

Rosek: ::nods:: If that will help you.

::Lael rose from her chair and came around to the other side of the desk. She was aware how looking at someone sitting behind a desk could seem intimidating and she would do everything she could to make this a bit more comfortable. They had a serious issue on their hands and it required a serious, reciprocal conversation.::

:: Since they were standing, Chythar rose to the occasion also. He took a breath and began the conversation, though he loathed every word coming out of his mouth. ::

Skyfire: After your initial incident in my office, I booked an appointment for you with Dr. Cattan. Based on the fact that you returned to duty, I assumed she cleared you but there didn’t appear to be any notes in your file regarding it; nor did your demand for the blanket during the more recent incident indicate the uniform modifications had been discussed.

::Beelam visibly tensed and for a moment she turned her back to the two in the room. She was ashamed of what she had done and the words said were reminding her to much of how her brother talked.::

Grog: ::Turning back around.:: We ran into the mission.

Rosek: ::nods:: That's fair. And while I appreciate your dedication, you need to take care of yourself first or you won't be at your best for your patients. They need you in top form, Bee. Their lives depend on it.

Grog: Don’t call me Bee.

Rosek: ::nods slowly:: We want to help you. We're concerned about you and don't want you to push yourself too hard. ::pauses:: This isn't an interrogation. It's a conversation. You talk, we listen.

:: Chythar remained silent. He didn’t know what to say to that, and truth be told, he was sounding less like a friend and more like a department chief. That would only make what he had to say longer and slightly more painful when he dropped that quantum torpedo in Lael’s lap later, and he wasn’t looking forward to it. ::

Grog: I...don’t know what ::sigh:: to say and honestly it’s painful to try.

::She closed her eyes then waiting for the harsh words to come her way.::

Rosek: ::nods:: I understand. ::pauses:: In light of recent events, I believe it would be best to remove you from the duty roster until you see Dr. Cattan. As far as the uniform modifications, I'll get the quartermaster on them right away. It'll be his top priority.

::Beelam didn’t know what to say. She wanted to hang her head in shame while at the same time sighing with relief at the fact that help was coming her way.::

Skyfire: I agree with her. I think perhaps if you still wanted to be in sickbay for the duration, that you should assist Mr. Fergus with the inventories.

:: The major advantages with inventories were that it would give her something to do which didn’t involve putting people’s lives at risk, and she would be working with someone who knew the inventory system well. ::

::Inventory sounded like something that her brother would think her fit to do. She knew it was for her own good but her thoughts were conflicted. Beelam could do with the mundane task but not at the expense of showing that she was unfit to do her job.::

Rosek: ::pauses:: Doctor Skyfire, doesn’t someone still have to compile a report on the plague? I'm sure Nurse Grog's insights and expertise would be valuable. You could set her up in one of the medical labs, couldn't you?

:: Chythat contemplated for a long moment and nodded slightly. He realized he had yet to submit his own report, and honestly didn’t have much to add because he felt that he didn’t do much of anything, other than the clinical stuff as directed by Solok. Between Solok and Cattan, they did more to help the crew than he did. ::

Skyfire: I believe that could be arranged, yes.

Rosek: ::to Grog:: What do you think, Ensign? Does that sound like a good solution until you see Dr. Cattan?

Grog: I honestly don’t know. I want to do it but….I…I’m sorry words are, are difficult.

Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek

Executive Officer

USS Montreal, NCC-64927

I238110RH0

&

Ensign Beelam Grog

Nurse

USS Montreal NCC-64927

M239512BG0

&

Lieutenant Commander Chythar Skyfire, MD

Chief Medical Officer

USS Montreal, NCC-64927

O239002CS0