Cmdr. Tal Tel-ar - Rapid ascent

DARYL PEACOCK

Mar 1, 2019, 12:10:51 PM3/1/19
to sb118-m...@googlegroups.com
(( Bridge, USS Montreal ))

:: Tal continued to monitor the alien vessel, while remotely flying the shuttle. The timing was going to have to be perfect. He would have to engage the warp engines with just enough time for the shuttle to make the jump next to the enemy vessel so that one second it was just a distant nuisance, something to monitor but not a threat and the next... boooommmmm. Otherwise this whole plan would blow up in their faces. ::

Mei’konda: Mm.  I know it’s not ideal, but briing any auxiliary fusion generaators that aren’t already tiied up online.  Route them directly to the gravity platiing.  It’ll have to make up the difference.  We have to keep the strain as miinimal as possible on the crew.

Sotak: Aye, sir, routing the auxiliary fusion generators to the Montreal’s gravity plating now. ::a few seconds while she worked:: The power transfer is in progress, sir, and it will be done in a few seconds.

:: Tal was having a little trouble masking the build up of the warp core, even with the intentional leaking of impulse and tecyion emissions to make it look like the aging freighter was experiencing engine trouble. Fortunately who ever was acting as a tactical officer on the terrorist vessel either lacked imagination, intelligence or any useful experience. ::

Bridge: reply

Mei’konda: Ensign Sotak, inform Sickbay and the quarantiine wards to deploy portaable gravity generators, as well.  Those of us who are healthy can staand up to the acceleration. Those who are siick may not. And we don’t haave time to protect the entiire ship in such a way.

Hamasaki: Course locked in for backup computer control during ascent. I advise anyone without a chair to lay down, back flat, against the floor. We will be exceeding 6G's of acceleration, minimally, and possibly up to 12G. :: Tiria had activated the four-point restraint system on her chair as she spoke.:: Course will be zero one five mark eight six. We will be creating a hypersonicboom near by, as we lift off. Shuttles in orbit report ready to aid in fire once we initiate the plan, and due to the terrorist in orbit, we run no risk of contradicting traffic.  Ready on your command, sir.

Mei’konda: Good advice, Ensign.  How much automation will our flight paath involve?

Sotak: Actually, sir, Lieutenant Harkrow, Commander Rosek and I will have to control the warp field and its corresponding structural integrity field manually to obtain the best ship efficiency we can. Our flight path therefore is not able to be entirely fixed. I estimate a 67.53 per cent chance for the Montreal to reach the desired destination, but if we manage to leave the atmosphere and enter orbit, there will be no real difference between the desired coordinates with the actual result.

Tel-ar: With the amount of stress this stunt is going to put on the ship's hull and it's structural integrity we are going to take damage no matter how well they manage to manipulate the various fields captain. As such I am afraid that as a senior officer I must strongly recommend that if we survive it that we put in at the closest space dock as soon as possible. :: Even as he said it Tal was kneeling, no way was he going to sit on a chair with wheels in the kind of G-forces they were predicting, not even with the magnetic locking function that could keep the chairs stationary through most situations. If they did survive this and make it to a drydock the first request he was going to make for his department was to upgrade all of the bridge seats to swiveling but stationary like on the more modern vessels in the fleet. The captain and the first officer may not have to worry as theirs were fastened right into the ships structure but the rest of them were at the mercy of the human god Murphy. ::

Bridge: reply

Hamasaki: Honestly, sir, there's not much call for automating the path, since we need to manually control interlink shutdown and shield raising. Not to mention this path lets us deviate slightly if required. I thought about a steeper accent to eight seven, but the Norway's frame would require reinforcing the structural integrity field to do so, and power estimates indicate that Engineering is diverting that power to other systems.

Mei’konda: Understood.  Getting us up there is all you and Engineering.  Do what you need to do, Ensign.

Hamasaki: Aye, sir.

Tel-ar: Warp core explosion in less than 13 seconds captain. :: This was one of those rare occasions that Tal raised his voice. ::

Bridge: reply

Harkrow: =/\= Engineering standing by, Captain. Ready on your mark. =/\=

Mei’konda: Commander Tel-ar, engage the Mackinac’s autopilot.  Commence collision, and give us a visual of the Miram’s Tifar.

Tel-ar: As you wish captain. :: Tal replied calmly as he entered in the final calculation and activated the shuttles warp engine. As he did he transferred the image from one of the other shuttles in orbit to their main view screen just in time for everyone to see the sudden eruption of a massive blue-red-white explosion against the side of the Cardassian frigate, one that appeared to have caused some damage as the shields fluttered, vanished amid a scattering of debris from the terrorist ship. ::

Mei’konda: Get us off the ground.  Go, go, go!

:: Tal did the only sensible thing, even his inhuman strength could not keep him upright in these kinds of g-forces so he allowed his body to roll back till he was lying down. Then he clenched his fists and waited to see just what kind of $%^&*() Murphy would throw their way. ::

Hamasaki: ::strained, distorted and labored.:: Eight G's.... exceeding nine G's.. minimum altitude reached, canceling interlink!

:: Tal could feel his short white hair standing on end, his enhanced Andorian senses were screaming at him, he could practically feel the ships hull bending and stretching underneath him. He did not need to see his tactical board to know what all the flashing red lights were warning him of. ::

Tel-ar: Captain, hull integrity threatened, multiple possible breaches.... :: This time Tal did yell, it was the only way anyone was going to hear him. ::

Any: reply

:: The second that Tal was able to detect that the gravity was gradually starting to return to normal, he started to push, forcing his muscles to fight against the g-forces. His body tensed, the muscled bunched like steel cables under his skin, it was impossible nothing could move in it but he did, but as the g-forces slacked off he started to move faster, until he was able to climb to his feet while all the others were still on the floor or just starting to shift around. His entire body ached, it felt like he had just fought 10 rounds in a ring with a pack of Doverian Rock Apes. ::

Mei’konda: Urgh… Commander… open fire, all phasers and a full spreaad of photon torpedoes!

Tel-ar: As you wish captain. :: Tal replied as he opened fire. Unfortunately only about half of their weapons systems responded, the rest were inoperative, damaged in the rapid ascent. ::

Any: reply

Mei’konda: Hamasaki, track them!  Don’t lose their posiition!

Hamasaki: On it. ::she tracked the noiser than normal warp trail.:: Got it! Heading is.. the Mother Road. Probable destination Karakka. Should we give chase, sir?

:: Tal had to close his eyes, the blood seemed to be rushing to his head, he felt weak, tired... the room was spinning. ::

Mei’konda: No.  We caan’t.  The colony is our first priiority.  Haave the shuttles form a perimeter that covers as much of the planet as possible.  If they’re stupid enough to come baack, I want as much warning as possible.

Hamasaki: Aye, sir. ::Tiria began to arrange a planetary perimeter, talking with the remaining shuttles. ::

Any: reply

Mei’konda: =/\= Mei’konda to Engineering.  Damage report, all systems. =/\=

Rosek: =/\= We blew out about a dozen EPS conduits, but we’re in one piece.=/\=

Harkrow: =/\= I’m also seeing microfractures across roughly 5% of the hull, and the grav plating’s entirely offline across the starboard half of Deck 12; they’re probably in freefall down there, Sir. ::He glanced behind him.:: Oh, and at least one chair is gonna need fixing. =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Understood.  Begin repaairs.  Giive me updates as soon as possible.  For now - I’m keeping us in orbiit.  We’ll use the standard and cargo traansporters to handle movement of patients. =/\=

Harkrow: =/\= Aye, sir. Damage control teams should already be in motion. =/\=

Rosek: =/\= We’ll get a full report to you as soon as we have one, sir.=/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Mei’konda out. =/\=

Bridge: reply

:: Tal slowed his breathing and forced his eyes to stay open. Something was wrong with his hearing, sounds were off, the room refused to stay still, swirling and weaving back and forth. ::

Mei’konda: Is everyone okay?

Hamasaki: I'm developing a massive headache, but I'm fine.

:: Tal gritted his teeth, then his fists. It was getting worse, now he was seeing spots in front of his eyes... he could hear voices but not understand what was being said... ::

Any: Responses

Mei’konda: Anyone with more than a naasty headache, report to siickbay.  We’ll haandle things up here.

:: Tal stepped back and to the side, moving slowly, feeling with his feet as he did... he had to make room for someone else to man the tactical station... ::

Any: Responses

Solok: =/\= This is Doctor Solok in Shuttlebay 1, Captain. =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= We’re out of the woods with Lenik for now.  Giive me a progress report. =/\=

:: More sounds that made no sense... he blinked but it did not help... things were graying out... he felt like he was swaying... weaving around like some kind of drunken fool... he tried to talk... failed... then folded up and collapsed. ::

TAG/TBC

Cmdr. Tal Tel-ar

Chief Security Officer

USS Montreal, NCC-64297