Lt. Cmdr. T'Lea - The Gain of Time, Part 4

doggybunbun

Aug 30, 2021, 8:18:05 AM8/30/21
to USS Juneau – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((OOC:  Last time on Star Trek Juneau: LtCmdr T'Lea - The Gain Of Time, Part 3 (google.com) ))

((Phorth Outpost, Continued…))

Voice:  I said STOP!

The female drew closer and suddenly everything became clear to the Romu-vulc.  An earth shattering scream of “no” screeched out of her throat and bounced across the ruins.  A shock of mind-shattering emotion ricocheted through the hybrid’s body so violently that it physically tossed her from the fight she’d most certainly won.

In that second the Dal was loosed and she rolled toward her freedom.  T’Lea looked up from the dirt in vehement disbelief.  A fleeting thought shot through her mind… Was she going mad?

T’Lea:  You’re dead!  You’re dead!

The face of her mother, Raivus softened with sympathy.  Her daughter’s condition complicated things greatly, but she was a master tactician and manipulator, she was ex-Tal-Shiar after all.  Raivus trusted that T’Lea’s off-balance state of mind work in her favor.  The Romulan woman was not cruel, however, that’s why a stout and very handsome Romulan male was waiting two feet behind her, armed just in case.

Raivus:  Peanhe, I understand you are suffering, but we have much to discuss.  Try to focus beyond the flaws of your Vulcan biology.  That is not who you are.

The Romu-vulc ducked her head into her hands, and rocked forward on her knees, trying to sort through the turbulence in her mind.  Between the anguish of betrayal and the unfinished business of Pon Farr it was just too much to bear.  Her house of cards wasn’t just collapsing it was on fire.

As the Dal took her place beside Raivus, she plucked the knife from her arm, and appeared only slightly grieved when she tested the function of the cybernetics.  She’d lost her arm in her last encounter with T’Lea.  Vetri had shot it off with a phaser.  It had been a trauma that made her stronger in her opinion.

The Dal looked down at her long-time nemesis while T’Lea battled with, what she interpreted as, stupidity and weakness. What a disappointment, she mused with a hint of disgust. Selta had held T’Lea in the highest regard as a worthy opponent, but witnessing her humiliating fall to defeat was just sickening.  On the other hand, she had to admit, Raivus was a diabolical mastermind of physiological warfare.

Raivus:  T’Lea, listen to me—

T’Lea:  You’re dead!  I saw you… she cut you in pieces!

Her voice raged at the end as if anger was trying to revive some strength in her faltering body and mind.  But she could only sit there on her knees and fist the dry dirt of the planet in her hands.  It felt like the only thing that was real.

Raivus:  ::reassuring::  I am alive.  It was a clone.  It was the only way to sever ties with Black Ops.

Without looking at anything but the ground, T’Lea whispered coldly.

T’Lea:  Why?

Raivus:  They served their purpose.  They were protection from the Tal Shiar when I defected.  In return I gave them information, and aided them in the Gateway Project.  It was beneficial for a time.  I got to work with you.  We finally healed our relationship.

That wasn’t the why T’Lea wanted answered.  The surprising revelation that her mother was alive had accelerated her emotions into critical territory.  Words were not easily brought about.

T’Lea:  Why?  Why are you with her?

The Dal smirked, and stood strong as if nearly dying moments ago hadn’t happened.

Raivus:  Opportunity.  Yours and mine.  Our future.

T’Lea’s next word sounded like a warning growl from a threatened animal.

T’Lea:  Why?

Deeply concerned with the pain that her daughter was in, Raivus furrowed her brow and sighed.  She looked at the Dal who, not caring, shrugged.

Selta: This was your idea.  Why would I need her when I have the first edition?

She meant Raivus of course.  It had been Raivus who had found the remains on Phorth.  It had been Raivus whose knowledge of Iconian technology had advanced their project this far.

Raivus:  ::softly at T’Lea::  For us.  When I discovered why Selta sought to resurrect a gateway—

This time when T’Lea spoke it was as savage as a rabid targ, and her eyes flashed so hot up at her mother they could have burned the flesh right off her bones.

T’Lea:  WHY?!

Raivus:  ::angered::  To restore the Romulan Empire and save our home world!

Raivus shook her head at herself.  She hated it when T’Lea provoked her.  Gathering herself in a more dignified manner she cocked her head down at her daughter.

Raivus:  ::softly::  To prevent the super nova from ever occurring.  To do what Spock could not.

Selta:  Our gateway is nearly complete.  Vital components were found here, thanks to your mother.  ::beat::  I thought you were good.  She is so much better.

Finding a morsel of focus T’Lea moved to strike, but fell just as quickly back to her knees with a crushing overload of pain.  Her moment of strength instantly turn back on itself.  So many chaotic emotions and the lack of control were tearing her apart.

Raivus:  I want you to join us, Peanhe.  Take your rightful place as my daughter and together we will go back in time and save the Empire. ::at Selta:: Both Empires.

Maybe it was the words, maybe it was the effects of the Pon Farr, but T’Lea grappled and groaned at her abdomen like something was trying to crawl out of it.  Had she eaten anything in the past two days she would have puked right then and there.

Raivus:  Vulcan was never your home.  And as much as you try to fit in, neither is Starfleet.  You played house and domesticated yourself for a while, but that too is not who you are.  My dear daughter you are a force of great power to be feared by all.  You should command armies, not follow orders.  I saw what you accomplished on N’Dallis Prime in your youth.

T’Lea: …no…

Raivus:  You killed your first bond-mate for power.  You took his pathetic drug cartel and made it into a kingdom.

T’Lea: ...stop...

Raivus:  You destroyed the competition and nearly took the entire planet for yourself.

T’Lea shook her head rejecting it all, but she also felt the acid of darkness seep through her porous barriers.  A part of her lusted for the past, and wanted it all back… or something more.  Something better.  Something bigger

Around this time the Dal had checked in with her scout ship, which remained in orbit under the false-shell of a Bajoran freighter.  Word came back that another vessel was entering the area.

Selta:  Time is up, Raivus.  Even if she wanted to, which she doesn’t, Pon Farr is driving her mad.  We must go.  Finish it.

While Selta moved into position, and then beamed out in a yellow flash of light, Raivus moved closer to T’Lea and gestured back at the handsome Romulan man waiting for her.

Raivus:  I can make it stop.  Come with us, and he will be the first that you conquer.

T’Lea’s jewel blue eyes looked out at the fine Romulan specimen.  She dropped her head and panted breathlessly as a carnal craving swelled deep inside.  She could so easily devour him and end this multi-layered hell.  In fact, that was all she could think about -- having him over and over.

Or killing him over and over.  She didn’t know which for sure.

Struggling to her feet, she pulled herself up in an unsteady, but admirable display of will power.  She took a step and so did he.  He had been promised a position of power if he bonded with Raivus’s daughter.  It was an offer he could not refuse, only he hadn’t expected her to be so… well, such a total mess.  Perhaps she would clean up nicely later.

The dust on T’Lea’s skin and clothing made her look ghostly, like an old specter struggling to take a step under the heavy chains of her many past sins.  She was making her way toward them willingly.  It was a sign to Raivus that her daughter was with them.

Raivus:  =/\= Dal, three to transport. =/\=

TBC in PART 5

Lieutenant Commander T’Lea
First Officer
USS Juneau