Captain Oddas Aria: Alien Home

Nicholas St Gabriel

Jul 7, 2020, 3:02:11 PM7/7/20
to Juneau
(( Crastrid's Gently Used Components and Surplus, Industrial Zone, Lightside Station, Shroe Leave ))

The fact such a place existed on the station was a bit odd in Aria's mind, but it did speak to the sheer enormity of the Spike.  Looking around she could not help but get the impression the giant open area - her mind did not let herself call it a cabin due to its size - had to have been meant for something else originally - with several small windows here and there and a space large enough she imagined at least ten decks of her own ship could fit comfortably without hitting the upper structures.

And yet, when she took in a deep breath she was reminded of being a teenager back on Bajor.  No, this place didn't have an open sky, but it did have piles of unidentified stuff laying about, from the looks of it they could be ships, or replicators, or computers, or musical instruments, or suitcases.  The advertisement for the place guaranteed the finest in ship supplies and exotic components from across the wilds - and did so in 13 languages - but she had heard similar boasts from home from facilities guarding themselves and chasing her out with hounds and constables.

She had stopped just inside the entrance, just past the small desk the proprietor had set up.  Aria had gathered the older woman was enthusiastic but the Captain still wasn't sure if Castrid was the woman's name, her family name, or something else entirely - and having never met her species before that was offering no clues.  The little path in front of them was not official, mostly it seemed to be just where things had been placed "less" and was interrupted by several bits of this and that.  Aria thought she saw what could be a small nacelle sticking out from behind a stack of some sort of crates.

oO Thank you for letting me find this place of peace, and bounty. Oo

Her momentary reverie was broken up by the sound of shifting weight behind her, the few members of the crew who had deciphered her plans and decided to join her on her grand adventure.  Wyss was to her left and Doctor Bellweather, who she had only met that morning, was to her right.

Oddas: Looking for anything in particular?

Wyss/Bellweather: Response

As she listened she pull the straps of her backpack tighter - they had come loose as she had adjusted her jacket to the warmer environmental controls of the Industrial Zone.

Oddas: :: shrugging, allowing a half-smile:: This is very much a case of 'I'll know it when I see it'.

Wyss/Bellweather/Any: Response

Oddas: Well, we do have an ample cargo bay, :: pause, deadpan:: as long as you don't mind the fact I could jettison it at a moment's notice.

As she headed off down the path, with a hunch there was something interesting in that direction she let a wide grin cross her face.

Any:  Response

((OOC: If anyone else wants to join in, please feel free. ))

TAG, TBC

Captain Oddas Aria
Commanding Officer
USS Juneau, NX-99801
E239305OA0

One man's 'magic' is another man's engineering. -Robert Heinlein

Wiki: https://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php/Oddas_Aria