[Rescue Team] Lieutenant Commander Kalia Qinn - A Hive of Scum and Villainy

Patrick Dennett

Feb 27, 2022, 10:24:52 PMFeb 27
to Juneau

((USS Beaver, Shuttle))

Kalia sat in the operations seat in the cockpit and took a few deep breaths.  She’d changed into clothes that were more fitting for a smuggler.  Changed out her equipment for more civilian appropriate styles.  She’d chosen the Beaver as it was one of the older types of shuttles the Juneau carried.  They’d scrubbed the “U” and anything linking the Juneau to the shuttle so they wouldn’t have to explain why they had a shuttle of a new ship.  They’d rewired the transponder to more closely resemble something non starfleet.

The rest of the crew piled into the shuttle and Kalia gestured for Ensign Kettick and Sergeant Hesan to take the pilot and copilot seats.  Doctor Indobri had the seat next to her.

Qinn: Welcome everyone.  I trust you’ve all seen the briefing, but to summarize, the people who attacked the Grace Hopper also seem to have some kind of prison complex.  Our job is to go in and get any hostages who may happen to need repatriating.  I want to do this as low key as possible.  If we can get them out of there without firing a shot, that's the method I prefer, but if needs must, we will do what we need to do to rescue any hostages.  Any questions while we wait for launch clearance.

Rescue Team: Response

Qinn: It appears to be some kind of marketplace and scrap yard.  Keeping prisoners is time consuming and very not profitable, I’m hoping deals can be worked out.  We just need to find a way that doesn’t scream Star Fleet.

Rescue Team: Response

Qinn: We’ve packed a variety of supplies that can be used as trade goods, and I have some latinum if push comes to shove, but I’d prefer to return this to ship’s stores unspent if possible.

Rescue Team: Response

Once she got the signal from the front seats, she signaled the bridge.

Qinn:=/\=Qinn to Bridge=/\=

Oddas: =/\= Go ahead. =/\=

Artifact Team: =/\= Response =/\=

Qinn: =/\=USS Beaver is ready for launch.=/\=

Oddas: =/\= Good luck, stay safe, and no purple hearts. Launch when ready. =/\=

Kalia gave the pilot the go ahead and felt the shuttle lift off the deck plates of the shuttlebay.  There was a familiar thrum as they passed through the forcefield and out into space.

Qinn: Take us out and around wide.  I don’t want to come in directly from the Juneau.  Mr. Kettick, if you can mess with the engine efficiency on our way in, please do.  Unfortunately you and your fellow engineers keep out shuttles at peak efficiency, something not often found this far out.

Kettick: Response

Rescue Team: Response

===

Lieutenant Commander Kalia Qinn