Captain Oddas Aria: Crew of the Day

Nicholas St Gabriel

May 7, 2022, 8:19:06 AM5/7/22
to Juneau

((Clanhouse, Deck 10, USS Juneau))

As much as she wanted to stay behind and reminisce with Rahman she knew that with the entire crew gathered it was time to honor them the way they deserved.

She slid her fingers along either side of the podium, letting her fingers feel each side and the little imperfections that had been worn in. Aria took a deep breath and looked out over the crowd, who was now looking at her and expecting her to say something profound.  For a fleeting moment, she was curious how many of them truly knew how little she enjoyed this part of the job.  The speaking, that was.

Oddas: Thank you for coming - both the crew of the Juneau, those joining us from the Arrow, and Captain Rahman.  I truly appreciate it - it is an honor to have you with us as we finish one chapter and begin the next.  It is no secret that during the Juneau's time in the Aavaro Wilds we have made a mark, and we have done so because of the fine work of the fine crew.  They say a ship is as good as her Captain, well I am only as good as my Crew - so thank you, thank you for holding up the ideals of Starfleet, and thank you for giving your fellow crew everything they need to do their best as well.

Any: Response

Oddas: To start, for its part in tracking down the Artifact and, the investigation surrounding those efforts, the entire Juneau Crew is being awarded the Starfleet Investigation Ribbon.  Likewise, as a result of their efforts to combat piracy in the Wilds the crew has been awarded the Operation Safe Harbor Service Medal.  Good work everyone.

Any: Response

Oddas: If I could have the XO, Doctor Indobri, Major Leix, Lieutenant Kendrick, and Ensign Sera join me next to the podium.  ::pause:: Whether it was Commander Qinn, Doctor Indobri, and Ensign Sera endeavoring to save the Grace Hopper, or Major Leix, Lt. Kendrick working feverishly to save the freighter, sometimes officers go above and beyond to accomplish the mission - showcasing the ideals of the Federation and Starfleet.  For their efforts, they are receiving the Good Conduct Ribbon.  Congratulations and keep up the good work.

She took a moment to shake each of their hands and give them their small wooden box with the ribbon in it.

Qinn/Indobri/Leix/Kendrick/Sera: Responses

Oddas: ::returning to the podium:: Commander Qinn, Doctor Indobri, if you could stay, Misters FaltDekas, and Kettick if you could join us.  ::pause:: During our mission, the crew was tasked to rescue a number of hostages that had been taken by pirates, and to recapture the artifact stolen from the Grace Hopper.  Mister Dekas, and Mister Falt you have been awarded the Intelligence Star. Similarly, Commander Qinn, Doctor Indobri, and Mister Kettick you have been awarded the star for your efforts to free the hostages.

She handed the small box with a ribbon to Mister Kettick and cuffed him on the shoulder.

Kettick: Response

She moved on to shake the hand of the next recipients.

Qinn/Dekas/Falt: Responses

Oddas: Congratulations

Indobri: Response

Oddas: Good work, everyone.  Mister Kettick hang back please, Ensign Sera, Ensign Aratta, please join us.  Often during the course of our work we are called to innovate, to improvise, to be 'miracle workers'.  Without this work, many times our ships would fall apart, our ships would fall apart, and our Captains would look bad. ::beat:: During this mission, the crew was stuck between a rock and a hard place - how to provide supplies to an unknown without changing the balance of power.  Ensign Sera and Ensign Aratta were able to provide an innovative solution to this problem. Later, when many issues kept the crew from transporting many prisoners at once, some quick thinking by Mister Kettick again provided a solution.  For this work, all three are awarded the Innovation Ribbon.

Kettick: Response

Oddas: ::shaking his hand and handing the ribbon:: Congratulations.

Sera: Response

Oddas:::handing the ribbon:: Good work.

Aratta: Response

Oddas: Keep up the good work.  ::returning to the podium:: Mister Kendrick you are required.  During your time aboard the Freighter you sustained an injury - and while I do not approve of such behavior, I do acknowledge it happens.  When it does, we acknowledge it, we honor it with the Purple Heart.  While congratulations seems an odd thing to say, I will say 'Thank You' - and let's not let it happen again.

Kendrick: Response

As she handed the small box to the man she squeezed the man's other shoulder, nodding her thanks.

Oddas: Thank you very much.  ::pause:: While you are here, we are going to take care of some housekeeping.  Mister Kendrick, I hereby make your position as Chief Security and Tactical Officer permanent, with all the rights and privileges thereto.

Kendrick: Response

Oddas: Mister Dekas, ::motioning next to her:: your fellow crewmates have talked about you, have looked up to you, and have all agreed it's time for you to step up, do more for the ship.  It's time for you to flex your wings a bit, and show off.  To that end, I hereby promote you to the rank of Lieutenant.

She moved to pin the new full pip on the Aurelian's uniform before shaking his manicured hand.

Dekas: Response

Oddas: At the end of the night, the XO will have a further assignment for you.  ::pause:: Before moving finishing up the awards and promotion the last announcement is no less important because it is the last - Lieutenant Falt, you are hereby appointed to the position of Chief Science Officer.  I know you are going to do great.

Falt/Any: Response

She took a deep breath and looked out at the crowd, then toward the window, and back at the crowd, preparing for the next set of announcements - and by the look of it, it was coming soon.  Rahman had caught her eye and was already making her way to the podium.

Rahman: Response

TAG, TBC

Captain Oddas Aria

Commanding Officer