JP LtCmdr T'Lea & Ensign Sival - Two parts Vulcan, one part Ale (part 2)

Sival .

Nov 23, 2021, 10:31:16 AM11/23/21
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Corridor - Deck 4))

Arm-in-arm they strolled the corridor with T’Lea occasionally leaning heavily in Sival’s direction to counterbalance her listing from side to side.  The two looked quite intimate to passersby, and there were quite a few crewmen who turned to stare at the couple.

Sival: Will you be able to manage from here?

T’Lea: No.  I order you to see my fish, Ensign. You said you would.

Sival shrugged. He did indicate his interest. Also, he was pretty sure he was the first officer in Starfleet’s history who had been ordered to see someone’s fish. Still, he was somewhat uncomfortable going into her quarters.

Sival: ::clearing his throat:: Yes, Ma’am.

((T’Lea’s Quarters))

As the sensors identified T’Lea’s approach the doors granted access and she stepped through.  The lights immediately sprang to life, and she squinted a little at them until her eyes adjusted.  Letting Sival’s warm and cozy arm go she gestured toward the large fish tank occupying the wall near the big window.

When next she spoke her tone was calm and Vulcan sounding.

T’Lea: They are special fish that aid in meditation.  They are called Whisps.  I was never very good at meditation.  I am much better at sleepitation.

She flopped down on the couch and watched the Vulcan as he approached the fish tank with her sweater hobo-bag of goodies.  The couch lined the wall under the window and from where she had stretched out on the cushions she had a direct view of the fish tank.

Sival: Whisps. Interesting. They appear to have a unique style of movement that has a calming effect when viewed.

T’Lea:  Oh, but that’s not the best part of their mind-relaxing powers.  Watch this… Computer, lights.

The room’s brightness increased.

Sival raised his arm to cover his eyes.

T’Lea:  ::shielding her eyes with the back of her hand::  Frell.  Sorry. The other way, computer.  Initiate meditation program.

The computer chirped and the lights fell to a dim setting.  Very faint Vulcan music softly played in the background, and T’Lea snuggled deeply into the sofa pillows.  When the room darkened the fish glowed, and pulsed with brilliant colors.  They converged, and began swimming in a soothing hypnotic pattern.

Sival: Lovely…. The fish. The fish are lovely. ::He nervously scratched below his ear:: What I mean to say, Commander, is that the geometric patterns are most pleasing.

T’Lea:  Don’t be so Vulcan.  Sit.  Sit.  Have some Ale; tell me a little about yourself, Sival.  I find you very interesting.  Where are you from?  ::groggy::  Why did you seek a medical career?

He found her to be very interesting as well.

She waved a sloppy hand at the chair next to where she was laying.

Sival walked toward the chair and sat down. Once he did so, he instantly felt deeply relaxed. He took a deep breath and pushed himself into the chair’s cushions. It must have been the combination of the fish, lighting and music.

Sival: I was born on the Han-shir continent, in Rh’lar. There are many reasons why I chose to become a doctor. Firstly, my father was also a doctor, and I ...

She listened to the tone of his voice for a whole ten seconds before plummeting into a deep sleep.

Sival heard soft breathing and the faintest hint of a snore.

Sival: … spent a lot of time ...

T’Lea was asleep. He took Arys’ sweater, which had fallen onto the floor, and draped it over her.

Sival: ::softly:: Good night, T;Lea.

He walked toward the door. When it opened, he turned back a looked at T’Lea sleeping peacefully. He smiled, then exited her quarters. .

As he stepped into the corridor, another ensign happened to be passing by. He caught Sival smiling. Sival cleared his throat, stood up straight and walked past him in the direction of the turbolift. With a straight face, he nodded at the officer.

Sival: Ensign.

END

---

Lieutenant Commander T’Lea