Captain Oddas Aria: The Theft

Nicholas St Gabriel

Feb 14, 2022, 9:55:44 AM2/14/22
to Juneau
((Bridge, Deck 1, USS Juneau))

Oddas: Captain's log 239902.14 - I didn't expect to be back at the Ring so quickly, and I know Commander Melchor is happy to see us so soon either.

Aria stood from her center chair and approached the main viewer, showing the Hopper, several decks flickering and an odd askew that a casual observer might miss.  To a trained eye from someone who served, it caused a pit in the stomach.  Aria could only imagine the Engineering and Operations crew scurrying to keep things from spreading and to get things under control.

Oddas: We left Ring 42 eight hours ago - only to receive a distress call from our colleagues, they were under attack from unknown parties, pirates, and needed assistance.  Even at Warp 14, we seem to have arrived too late to catch the pirates in the act.

The screen flipped and Commander Melchor appeared, disheveled, but calm.  Aria knew he tended to look the calmest when he felt the most frantic - it was a cover, and she had seen his temper erupt abruptly.

Oddas: Commander, what's your status?

Melchor: =/\= Captain Oddas, we have been attacked by - someone - a small band of half a dozen craft,  they were able to bypass our shields entirely, cause surgical damage - just enough to distract us while they accessed our inventory and wiped several computer records from our systems. =/\=

Oddas: Understood Commander.  My crew will be beaming aboard to assist shortly, and our facilities are at your disposal.  Do you have any idea what the ::beat:: belligerents were after?

She didn't change the word from 'pirates' because she didn't trust the Commander's assessment, but simply because she was attempting to get a handle on the situation.

Melchor: =/\= Something was taken from the archives - an artifact that seemed to be giving off some off power signatures.  We haven't been able to confirm what it did yet. =/\=

Oddas: We'll be transporter range shortly, we'll get to the bottom of this.

Melchor: =/\= Thank you, we'll prepare for your're arrival. =/\=

Captain Oddas Aria
Commanding Officer
USS Juneau, NX-99801
E239305OA0