Lieutenant John Kendrick - Opportunities

Jon Van Pelt

Jan 24, 2022, 3:45:10 PM1/24/22
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Kendrick's Quarters, Deck 5, USS Juneau))

John closed his eyes and cursed inwardly as he saw her shaking her head. Time was running out. As he opened his eyes again, he looked at Thand, hoping the Tellarite had been able to find something like an emergency shutdown button.

Kendrick: Any luck trying hacking into the system? ::at Careno:: Any chance this thing might blow up?

Careno: I've got no idea. But I'd rather not stick around to find out.

Thand: ::growling:: I think I might have a power source, but the alien files suggest that's not something we want to blindly do ... it could make things much worse ...

John got back up on his feet, wiping off his sweaty hands on his pants.

Kendrick: Do it!

Careno: response

He looked over at the console screen, there was only one glyph left and it changed every second.

Kendrick: ::looking:: We're out of sync from the rest of the universe, which means we might as well be dead already. ::at Thand, firmly:: Do it, Thand. That's an order dammit.

Thand: It's on your head!

John looked at the Tellarite as he slammed his hairy hand on the control. He could only hope that he had made the right call. He bit his lower lip. If they were going to die, he hoped it would be swift and painless. He noticed Thand closed his eyes. He wondered if the man was saying a prayer to whatever deity Tellarites worshipped.

Any: response

Then, suddenly from deep within the room, was the sound of some kind of machinery slowly - and apparently with great struggle after eons collecting dust - starting up. The purple hue of the Lab slowly shifted to a light blue.

Just as John wanted to check with Thand what was happening, he stopped to cover his ears to protect them from a loud mechanical screech echoing through the Lab.

As he noticed the echo died out, John lowered his hands again.

Thand: I guess we aren't dead ::mutter:: No thanks to you. ::regular voice:: Did it work?

Kendrick: I don't know. But like you said: we aren't dead. ::looking around:: Which means we've at least bought us some time to find a way to get out of this mess.

Careno: Response

Thand: The console seems to be pointing to something new ... systems, or facilities.

John looked at the console, trying to make sense of the alien glyphs and schematics on the console.

Careno: response

Thand: If I knew, rest assured you'd be the first to know.

Kendrick: Of course, Ensign. But you mentioned… new facilities? ::looking at Careno:: Not only a lab within a lab, but other hidden rooms as well? ::whistles in amazement:: How big is this place?

Careno: response

Kendrick: Hopper's science team will have their work cut out for them.

Thand: response

Kendrick: I suggest we take a look around, maybe one of these… facilities, has a system to phase us back into our own realm… or at least some kind of communication device to contact our ships.

Any: Response

TAG/TBC

Lieutenant John Kendrick

Acting Chief Security and Tactical