Ensign Sival - A benefit and a risk

Sival .

Nov 18, 2021, 4:52:26 AM11/18/21
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( Clanhouse, Deck 10, USS Juneau ))

The olives were divine. Each one was unique, with slightly different textures, smells and tastes. Sival appreciated the olives. He appreciated food in general. Some time ago, one of his colleagues said he was a ‘foodie’. Sival couldn’t disagree.

As he put another olive in his mouth, he saw T’Lea, Trovek and Tito at the bar. They all seemed rather serious. He could also see a blue liquid in some of the glasses. Sival assumed it was some kind of alcohol, which was good because Sival enjoyed any spirit that has a blue color. He wondered what it could be. Curaçao perhaps?

Sival considered joining the conversation. He was happy to see T’Lea and Trovek, officers who had earned his respect. But there was also Tito. Sival remembered the last time he tried to interact with him socially, in this very room. It didn’t go so well.

But he did want to join them. He decided the benefits outweighed the risks. Besides, maybe Tito was just having an off day the last time.

He made his way over to the bar. His crewmates’ facial features were softer now. Perhaps the topic had changed to something lighter. He caught the tail-end of their conversation.

Trovek: ::nodding:: So what else is new? I remember you said you missed research and sciency things, did your Bajor expedition satisfy that craving?

T’Lea: response

Trovek: With other words, rejuvenated and ready to return to a more desky kind of job?

T’Lea: response

Tito: response

Feeling casual, Sival thought he would try to use less formal vernacular. A Vulcan once told him that this would improve his small-talk skills. He also suggested repeating back some of the slang phrases others use.

Sival: The pursuit of  ‘sciency things’ is often rewarding. Do you mind if I join you for a drink?

Any: response

Sival: It has quite a… I believe the human expression is ‘a bite and a kick’ to it. Fascinating.

He saw the opened small box on the bar.

Sival: Is that some kind of candy?

He hoped so. He always relished the opportunity to taste a new candy for the first time.

Any: response

TAG / TBC

---
Ensign Sival