Ensign Motor Vihn - New Company

1 view

Duncan Bowman

Jan 20, 2022, 2:38:37 PM1/20/22
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Main Sickbay, Deck 7, USS Juneau))

All things considered, it'd proven to be a fairly busy day by the standards of one without any life-threatening catastrophes -- particularly for a day of shore laeve. An engineering ensign burned his hand, a few scientists had to be treated for maybe getting a little too careless with things around the Ring, so on. Certainly, enough was going on that Motor hardly had time to be bored. Exactly how they liked it. Things were just busy enough for them to feel useful without necessarily dealing with the potential ramifications of losing someone under their care. It was, perhaps, what Motor's first day on the job should've been so they could actually acclimate to the Juneau's general atmosphere, but they were hardly complaining.

The Trill was about ready to sit down, legs aching from a long day of moving quickly about a packed sickbay, when someone else walked in. Of course, they didn't think that was a bad thing. On the contrary, Motor's energy picked up almost immediately -- particularly when they saw an unfamiliar face, and a Klingon one, at that. She must've been the ship's counselor. Motor had told at least a few people to go her way by that point, whether they listened to the Doctor or not (Motor certainly hadn't gone themself).

It'd been some time before they'd had any real Klingon friends, given that Vihn hadn't historically been the bravest, but that didn't discourage them. Motor was different. They walked over, hands at their sides and wearing a warm smile.

Vihn: Hey, there. How can I help you?

R'Kala: Hello. I'm here for a physical. I figured I would get it out of the way now before I'm assigned something.

With feigned, exaggerated solemnity, Motor clicked their tongue and nodded. That dreaded, completely unobtrusive physical that took all of five minutes so many Starfleet officers seemed to avoid like they were going to get poked and probed all over, as opposed to coughing once or twice and being scanned. Their smile returned a moment later, tilting their head towards one of the biobeds.

Vihn: C'mon, then. Let's get you looked at so you can get back to enjoying your leave.

R'Kala: Response

The medical tricorder rested lightly in their hand, scanning the Klingon almost completely silently.

Vihn: Ensign R'kala, correct? You're the ship's counselor now? I'm Doctor Vihn -- but Motor's fine, for the most part. Are you experiencing any notable discomfort?

R'Kala: Response

Vihn: ::humming affirmatively.:: If it's alright if I ask, what led you to want to be Counselor?

R'Kala: Response

TAG/TBC

---

Ensign Motor Vihn