[Bridge] Lieutenant JG Dekas - Think Pirate Thoughts

1 view

Ace Christensen

Feb 23, 2022, 9:24:09 PM2/23/22
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Bridge, USS Grace Hopper))

Oddas: I'm obviously not going in with open phasers open.

Melchor: I wouldn't expect you to Captain.

She raised a confused eyebrow

Dekas: I'd say we reach out to the scrapyard. See if they can tell us how often people stop by and if any of them are known repeats. Anything after that could be more realistically considered once we have better information in that direction.

Melchor: ::shrugging:: Could be useful.

Oddas: Open a subspace signal, let's see what happens.

Dekas nodded once and did what he needed to get the connections in order.

After a moment, the screen snapped into place and an Argosian man appeared on the screen, eyes furrowed, PADD in hand, and looking off-screen.

Pila: =/\= What? =/\=

Oddas: =/\= Sorry to bother you, I'm Oddas Aria of the Federation, I'm hoping to gather some information about ... =/\=

Pila: ::agitated:: =/\= Get to the point. =/\=

The Argosian didn't look up from what he was working on, even as a hand from off-screen handed him a PADD and a small component of some sort.

Melchor: =/\= I'm sorry, Mister ... =/\=

Pila: =/\= Administrator Pila =/\=

Dekas found a sense of humor in a very strange place. Mostly that this man’s name was Pila and he worked at a scrapyard. He was more glad than he’d ever been to be an Aurelian whose expressions were harder to read off the bat because he was trying to keep it together enough to stop himself from laughing. It was terrible timing to laugh.

oO Talk about a Pila scraps, no? Oo

The Aurelian still had to pretend he’d lightly coughed before he could get it together properly.

Melchor: =/\= Administrator Pila, =/\= ::pause:: =/\= We hoping you can help us find some - friends, a small band of vessels around 25 meters long, warp capable. =/\=

The administrator stopped and looked intently through the screen at the Hopper bridge.

Pila: =/\= Friends of yours you say? And you think they came this way? =/\=

Dekas: =/\= Yes. I believe they stop by relatively frequently? They seem to like to mix parts. =/\=

Not his best work, but he was on the spot.

Pila: =/\= That sounds like a lot of my customers, and I am a very busy man. =/\=

Oddas: ::perking up:: =/\= Oh, how busy? =/\=

Pila: ::chuckling and turning back to the console in front of him:: =/\= Busy enough, Miss Aria, busy enough. =/\=

oO Oh, for flame’s sake this area is known for pirates, isn’t it? He’s definitely worked with some and known about it. Think pirate thoughts, Dekas. Oo

Dekas: =/\= Is there anything that would ah =/\= ::he tilted his head in thought:: =/\= help spark your memory? =/\=

oO Why did I say that? Oo

A poor choice of pirate thoughts, it’s why he wasn’t a pirate. He hadn’t meant to offer an incentive like that without permission from either Captain. But he’d already said it and he couldn’t take it back.

Pila: =/\= Response =/\=

Dekas: ::nervously:: =/\= I defer to them for that. =/\=

Oddas/Melchor: =/\= Response =/\=

Any: Response

Tags/TBC…

Lieutenant JG Dekas