[A1-SOL] Lt. Cmdr. DeVeau - "Think Twice"

Amanda Nordstrom

Nov 27, 2016, 9:01:37 PM11/27/16
to Invicta

((Astrofori One - Starfleet Officer's Lounge))

DeVeau: You want to get her a pet?  I’m not sure that’s a good idea.

::Carter at least seemed to consider her words, which was good.  It meant he was thinking twice about the idea.::

Greyson​: Terrible idea, isn't it?​

DeVeau: Oh no, it’s not that.  It’s just...well, generally, giving the gift of an animal is not something I would just do.  You’re not just giving them an animal, you’re giving them responsibility.  While Raissa has no problem with animals, she may not necessarily want to own one.  I would suggest you find out if that’s a desire of hers before you just give her one.

Greyson : So which is it, is she a dog person or a cat person?

DeVeau: Of the two choices, I would suggest cat, but I really think you should talk to her first.

Greyson​ : Okay. ::He paused to sip his water, and shifted the subject slightly.:: Tell me something. Scuttle-butt around the Invicta was that you and Greywin gave Devlin to CD shortly after he was weaned. Did you ask him about it first, or just gift him with a ball of adorable little beagle?​

::Okay?  As in, okay he got the message or okay he’d think about it, or simply okay as in he was just responding to what she said and was going to completely ignore her advice?  Alora really hoped it wasn’t the latter.::

​DeVeau:  Actually, *I* didn’t really have anything to do with choosing of the gift.  I just happened to be there when Greywin was taking Devlin to Chythar and just went along for the ride, so you’ll have to ask him about whether or not he talked to CD.

Greyson: Really? I was unaware your only role in it was the delivering....

::Alora straightened and nodded slowly.:::

DeVeau: Yep.  I got to meet him before CD did.

::Carter shrugged again, then took a slightly different angle with the subject.::

Greyson: She does love Devlin considerably though. I saw pawprints on the screen when I visited to drop him off. Only guess is the little guy doesn't know what a screen is.

::Alora leaned forward, her emerald eyes peering intently at her companion.  The last thing those two needed was something else between them.::

DeVeau: Carter, please don’t just give her a pet.  I know Raissa...I don’t think it would go over well.  At all.  If anything, I think it might make the situation worse.  I’m quite serious.  If you want to give her a gift, that’s fine, but trust me, don’t make it an animal.  If you want, I can show you what plants I have available.

Greyson?

DeVeau: A plant would be a far, far, far better gift for her than an animal.

Greyson?

DeVeau: Yes, I do.

Greyson?

--