[I] Ensign Iris Macoy -- Purpose?

Jess

Sep 5, 2016, 11:16:52 AM9/5/16
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Invicta

(Invicta, Dreamscape)

Macoy: ::Looking around.:: It’s no jefferies tube, but it’s nice.  What plant is this, or is this your own design?

DeVeau:  There are all sorts of varieties here.  Roses, carnations, lilies, aster, gaura, daffodils.  If you know of it, it’s probably here - at least Terran varieties.  My particular favourite is the hurricane lily.

::Alora motioned to a large cluster of flowers, red with spindly stamens reaching up in between the petals.:: ::Macoy walked up to the strange looking flower.  She wouldn’t walk it beautiful, but it was interesting.::

DeVeau: They’re originally from China back in ancient times, but the Japanese imported them and now they’re considered native there as well.  Do you have a favourite? Macoy: Not really.  Flowers are nice but I’ve never really picked a favourite.  ::Pauses:: So, what cares are you trying to get away from, that brings you here?

Deveau: Right now, nothing in particular.  I’m just enjoying the landscaping. Macoy: I see.

::Alora eased the swing back and forth, careful not to make it go too far lest her guest protest.::

DeVeau: What about you?

Macoy? :: About me?

 DeVeau: Is there something you’re trying to get a reprieve from?

Macoy: What do you mean?

DeVeau: Do you have a place to go to when you want to get away for a bit?

Macoy:::Shrugs:: Engineering or the Jefferies tubes. I'm pretty dull.

DeVeau:

Macoy: Not to be blunt, but.... why am I here?

DeVeau:

Macoy: Well..... Usually when I appear somewhere...... I'm unfamiliar, it's because I was summoned subconsciously. So.... why am I here?

DeVeau:

Ensign Iris Macoy

Engineering

USS Invicta