[BR] LtCmdr Sky Blake, "Running out of paddles." [catch-up]

Deliera Jay

Sep 26, 2016, 10:45:25 AM9/26/16
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Bridge))

Rahman: What's going on with those coms, commander?

Blake: Nothing good. I'm trying to reroute power to them-

::The bridge jolted with another hit from the Klingons, the overhead lights flickering.::

Blake: Not like our Klingon friends are making it easy.

Rahman: Helm, hard drop, Z axis. Take us off the plane.

King: Aye.

Rahman: Jolara, what else do you know about this time period? Is there any negotiating with these Klingons?

Jolara: Honor above all else. Though their version of honor is even more skewed than those of our time. They disdain any signs of weakness. As for negotiating… ::she shook her head:: I do not believe there is any.

::A far cry from the Klingons she'd met during her tenure on Ornara - a strange place to find Klingons, but Klingons you'd find nonetheless. Despite the seriousness of the situation, she couldn't help but be again slightly amused at a conversation she'd once had with a Klingon woman named Va'ta. She'd taken up residence on Ornara to "get away from the bloodwine". Even Klingons could be affected with alcoholism.::

DeVeau: Subspace interference is increasing and now affecting our sensors.  If we keep going this way, we may have to fly by visual only.

Blake: Can we use it against them?

DeVeau: Not the best way of doing things, but if it’s affecting us, it’s affecting the Klingons.  It might level the playing field, so to speak.

King: ::Turning in his seat:: Captain, that last “love tap” knocked our engines pretty nicely. I can now only get us to warp 3. ::beat:: I calculate 15 minutes to the nebula and 10 minutes before the Klingons overtake us and come into lethal range.

Rahman: Do your best, ensign.

King: We could try to distract them…

DeVeau: A distraction could give us enough time...

:: Rune looked over at the Ensign beside her. ::

Jolara: How?

Blake: You got a suggestion, Ensign?

::He gave a cursory glance around the bridge.::

King: Perhaps we can create some kind of diversion? ::turning to Jolara:: I don’t suppose we have any familiarity with D-7 tactical weaknesses or susceptibilities to computer intrusion?

Jolara: Possibly but not with the subspace interference.

Blake: We could launch a pro-

DeVeau: Incoming!

::The ship shuddered with another hit.::

King: ::sighing:: The only other idea I would have is playing dress up again. ::looking around the Bridge:: And I know how popular that made me last go around.

::Haha. No.::

Rahman: Ensign, I’ll put on a tutu if it means we all get home from this.

DeVeau: Sir, the Klingons are gaining on us!  If we get to the nebula, though, we can use the interference to our advantage!

Blake: Coms are back.

Walker: =/\=  Engineering to bridge.  Hope you can hear this. =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Walker! We read you loud and clear! How’s it looking down there? =/\=

Walker: =/\= We’re running on patches down here… need to stay on batteries, but warp 5 is available. And we’re at the baling wire point down here.  Already used up all the gum.  =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Acknowledged. What about tactical systems? =/\=

Walker: =/\= No promises if we get hit again... doing our best to keep the lights on. =/\=

Rahman: =/\= You might have just saved more than the lights. Rahman out. =/\=

::She turned back to King.::

Rahman: Get us to that nebula, now!

King: Engaged, Captain!

::What could only be described as an excellent yet batty warp jump (rivalling some pilot skills from a man whose name she couldn't possibly remember for the life of her), she'd almost fallen off her chair.

::Old ships. Who the hell designed these things without seatbelts or even arm rests? What was *wrong* with early-Starfleet?::

Rahman: Damage report, Cmdr. Jolara.

Jolara: Shields are at 85%. Forward deflect took some minor damage, as well as Deck 6 and 10. Only minor injuries.

Rahman: I suppose it could have been much worse.

Jolara: Yes, ma’am, it could have been.

Rahman: =/\= Bridge to Sickbay. =/\=

Blueheart: =/\= Dr Blueheart here. I’m glad I’m able to hear you clearly and without static interference. =/\=

::That was putting it mildly.::

Rahman: =/\= You can thank Cmdr. Walker for the engineering miracles. How are things down there in sickbay? =/\=

Blueheart: =/\= Commander Kelrod fractured his hip. I’ve given him some pain meds. The rest of us are okay except for some minor cuts and bruises. We don’t have any in-patients at the moment, fortunately, but things could change very quickly if we keep rocking and rolling like it’s the 2260s. =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Understood. We’ll try to keep things a bit less... dramatic for the next few minutes. If you could send someone up here, though, there are some scrapes and bruises that could use some tending to. =/\=

::She was half sure her own collar bone was broken, moving her left arm being a chore.

::One problem at a time. And their new problem was that the Klingons weren't causing as much trouble as she'd expected. There absence was . . . not *obvious*, but certainly not normal considering their ordeal with them over the last few minutes.::

Tbc . . .

LtCmdr Sky Blake
First Officer
USS Venture