[A1-SOL] Lt. Cmdr. Rune Jolara: Bitter Sweet

Rune Jolara

Nov 21, 2016, 12:12:11 AM11/21/16
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Invicta

((Astrofori One, Starfleet Officer’s Lounge))

Jolara: Actually, I am more curious to know how you knew Krystyan would come early but everything would be okay.

::It wasn’t a surprise that the question had caught the Science Officer off guard.::

DeVeau: Honestly?  I have no idea.  Unless you subconsciously knew and I managed to pick up on that because we were connected.

::She offered a half grin.::

DeVeau: It was, at least, a pleasant dream.  My favourite kind.::

::Before Rune could thank her nonetheless, Kelrod interrupted. She still wasn’t sure how she felt about him. Marcus, she missed a great deal but Kelrod… Well that was another story.::

Kelrod: Hello both. Congratulations are in order.

Deveau: Why thank you.

Jolara: Thank you.

Kelrod: I'll just say that your run on that shuttle was kind of a crazy thing to do, but it worked out.

:: An eyebrow raised, Rune had to pause and take a breath. ::

Deveau: I’m glad that it did.  Would have hated to lose a fine officer.

Jolara: Thank you, Alora. I am glad it worked out as well.

Kelrod: Just thinking that it'd have been better someone like me with no responsibilities over my lap than you. You've suffered enough, it's time to aim for brighter future.

:: Yep, Rune definitely felt heat rising up the back of her neck. She had see the disapproving looks from others, their body language said enough without needing to read their thoughts or emotions. But Kelrod actually vocalized it. ::

Jolara: Someone like you… ::Her jaw tightened and her head tilted.:: Too bad. I am not sorry it was me and I would do it again. As for my future, that is up to me to decide.

Kelrod: If I'm intruding in personal matters, I'm sorry, just being worried for you. Might come from someone else too ::tips his head with his forefinger:: Alora, I'll miss you too. May the future holds you a safe and interesting journey.

Deveau: Thank you.  May your travels be the same.

::Rune should have just walked away but that would have been rude to Alora.::

DeVeau: Do you know where you’re going?

Kelrod: [tag]

DeVeau: What about you, Jolara?

Jolara: ::quietly:: I will be putting in for an extended leave.

DeVeau: Looks like I’m headed staying at A1. I’m going to miss being on a ship, but it should be interesting none-the-less.

::Rune nodded but her mind had already left the conversation. Her thumb ran across the blue and silver ribbon she had received moments earlier. She took a breath and released it. She glanced around until she saw Rahman. She mentally shook her head. She would not ruin this evening for anyone else.::

Kelrod: [tag]

Jolara: I wish you both the best. If you will excuse me…

::She didn’t give either a chance to acknowledge as she headed straight for the door. She would return the ribbon tomorrow along with her request for leave. After all, the honor of receiving it had been tainted by the knowledge others felt her actions were foolish and in turn obviously felt she didn’t deserve it.::

...tbc...

Lt. Cmdr. Rune Jolara

  On Leave

Writer ID: A238909RJ0