[I] Lt. Cmdr. DeVeau - "Peaceful Scenery" (Jolara)

Amanda

Aug 24, 2016, 4:45:17 PM8/24/16
to Invicta

((Dreamscape, USS Invicta))

::One hand slid to the swollen belly and rested there.  For a moment, nothing happened.  Then, the babe kicked and a smile lit up Alora’s face.::

DeVeau: Strong fellow.  Do you have a name?

:: Rune smiled. ::

Jolara: We have not spoken about it.

:: We being she and Kieran. She looked up at the sky, suddenly wishing Kieran was there. ::

DeVeau: How about Constantinople?

:: She tilted her head as she looked at the dark haired woman. ::

Jolara: I think... Krystyan.

:: The name rolled out with such ease. It was perfect. Even though she hadn’t given it much thought, somehow she knew at that very moment Kieran would love it just as much as she did. ::

DeVeau: Such a delightful name, it has a strength to it.

:: The baby kicked again, stronger this time making Rune flinch. She rubbed her stomach and smiled. ::

Jolara: Ow… I think he either really likes it or really hates it.

DeVeau: I think he really likes it.

:: The night was turning into dawn. Just over the horizon, the sun was breaking above the mountains. A light breeze began to blow carrying the sound of rustling leaves followed by what could only be the beat of hooves. Rune looked up to see a pair of dorcha hōiho… one pristine white, the other jet black. Both creatures resembled earth horses with the most notable difference being the row of seven tiny horns running up their foreheads. ::

:: Rune hadn’t seen them since she was a child on Leya-I. Her mouth dropped open… how could they be here? They were protected creatures forbidden to be removed from their home-world. ::

:: The creatures moved closer and stopped, looking directly at them. The white one kicked the dirt with his hoof once and made a snorting sound. Rune smiled in recognition. ::

::Alora breathed in sharply, but sat up slowly as she gazed upon the creatures.  Familiar enough to be recognised, they dominated the scene for a moment and she breathed out her wonder.::

DeVeau: Oh look!

Jolara: They will not harm us.

DeVeau: Oh I know, but what are they doing here?

Jolara: Because… This is but a dream.

DeVeau: Is it?  Or is it reality?

::Alora’s gaze shifted from the animals to the woman beside her, gaze thoughtful.::

Jolara?

DeVeau: Or maybe it’s a desire.  Maybe it’s neither.  Maybe it’s something needed.

Jolara?

::The young scientist’s hand stretched over to rest upon the belly of Rune, a smile spreading over her face.::

DeVeau: A respite.  Or maybe knowledge that everything is going to be all right.

Jolara?

******