[I-DR] JP Commander Dickens & Lt. Cmdr. DeVeau: I'm here, you're here, we're here (backsim) (Part 2)

Amanda

Aug 15, 2016, 8:50:18 PM8/15/16
to Invicta

IC:

DeVeau: Aren’t they beautiful?

Kelrod: In a strange way they could, but they're a bit weird... how many are?

::Alora turned, eyes skimming each form.::

DeVeau: Fourteen.  Maybe they want to play.

Kelrod: This is yours, right? Because I know my mind and it can't be me.

:: He ushered Dickens years of experience with telepathy and casted down a fence between the deers and them. A circle surrounding both of them instead of the deers::

DeVeau: I don’t like that.

::Immediately, the circle faded and the deers lifted their heads then went back to grazing, the circle breaking up as they drifted off in different directions while they nibbled at the grass.::

Kelrod: I think I understand what's going on. Alora, look at me.

DeVeau: Hm?

::Alora inched forward, a hand extended toward one of the does.::

Kelrod: Look at me! I'm Ke... You know me, right?

::She turned, then, hands placed upon her hips.::

DeVeau: Of course I do.

Kelrod: I think you're... projecting yourself and your... dreams?

::Alora shook her head, then turned back to the doe closest to her.::

DeVeau: I’m not projecting anything.

Kelrod: Then how's that we're together having this ... oO hallucination? mind projection? Oo all this happening. I think that you don't know where you are...

::Once more, Alora faced Marcus, drawing close to him.::

DeVeau: No, you don’t understand.  I’m here.  Here.

Kelrod: Here? I'm here too. Where's exactly here?

DeVeau: Here.  Just...here.

Kelrod: How do you explain that you could make things disappear? Things that I've made appear from nowhere?

::She didn’t answer.  Alora’s mouth tightened and she turned away, her gaze returning to the deer who continued to graze serenely with no mind to either of them.::

Kelrod: I want to help you, but you'll have to let me

DeVeau: I’m here.  Don’t you you see?

::She turned back to Dickens and drew closer, hands gently lying on either side of his head.::

DeVeau: I’m here...

::Except, then she wasn’t.  She was gone along with the forest and the deer, and all was quiet.::

:: Kelrod saw the image disappear as well as her voice and suddenly he felt himself dissapear::

(Kelrod's quarters)

:: He woke up suddenly and had the strange feeling that what he'd experienced has been real, but as real as it seemed, it's strange as he didn't noticed any telepathic abilities in DeVeau in the time he'd been on board. Checking the chronometer, he realized that there was still time for him to rest for the meeting, however, he made himself a note to speak to her about this, in case she remembered. ::

TBC:

Commander Kelrod

Security Officer

USS Invicta