[S-CCR] Lt. Cmdr. Rune Jolara: What We Already Know

Rune Jolara

Nov 30, 2016, 9:27:13 AM11/30/16
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Invicta

((Captain's Ready Room, USS Syracuse))

:: This was not going the way Rune had intended. Though she couldn’t really say she was surprised. Afterall, who in their right mind would try to return a ribbon? ::

Rahman: So you're saying you would have done things differently?

::Rune shook her head.::

Jolara: Without question, I would do it again.

Rahman: But you say you question your judgment and decisions. Just which decisions and what judgment is it that you question?

:: She let out a sigh. ::

Jolara: Volunteering to pilot the shuttle.

Rahman: Commander, why did you volunteer to do the job?

Jolara: Because I thought it was the only way to slow the thing down. To give the rest of you a chance to get away.

Rahman: ::nods:: And why do you think I let you do it?

Jolara: Because you thought… ::She let out a breath, realizing how stupid she had just been.:: Because, giving what we knew, you thought it was our only option.

::The captain raised a finger to mark the point.::

Rahman: Ahh, so you do see, don't you?

Jolara: ::nodding slowly:: Yes, sir.

::This time, Roshanara smiled back at Rune.::

Rahman: Before I kick you out of here, commander, and send you on your way, I think it is important to have this conversation since one day, I have no doubt, you too will become a captain and perhaps may even share this conversation with someone under your own command. Why do we give out these ribbons and medals? Hell, what is the entire purpose of the ceremony? You and I both know we don't perform our actions for such recognition or bits of metal and cloth.

Jolara: The official answer... to recognize service and personal accomplishments and highlight a Starfleet Officer’s career. ::brief pause:: I am sorry. With you permission, Captain, I will kick myself out of here.

Rahman: [tag]

Jolara: ::standing:: Thank you, Captain. May the sun shine upon you and warm winds carry you on your journey.

Rahman: [tag]

...tbc...
Lt. Cmdr. Rune Jolara
  Intelligence Officer - On Leave