[S-CRR] Lt. Cmdr. Rune Jolara: Questioning Judgement & Decisions

1 view

Rune Jolara

Nov 26, 2016, 8:33:39 AM11/26/16
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Invicta

((Captain's Ready Room, USS Syracuse))

::Maybe she was being ridiculous or maybe just plain stupid. Maybe she was about to make another mistake. She didn’t really know anymore. Rune tried to take Luna’s advice, advice she would have given had their roles been reversed, but she couldn’t shake what had happened or what she had felt. She knew it shouldn’t matter, but it did… to her.::

::She took a deep breath and jabbed the door chime with her finger.::

Rahman: Come in.

::The door slid open and Rune took another deep breath before stepping inside.::

Jolara: Captain, do you have a moment?

Rahman: Commander. What can I do for you?

::Rune shifted her weight and clasped her hands in front of her.::

Jolara: I am uncertain of the proper protocol but… I respectfully wish to return the Federation Cross ribbon I was awarded.

::The puzzled expression on Rahman’s face was clear.::

Rahman: Pardon?

Jolara: I do not feel I deserve it and I wish to return it.

::This time, her eyes widened.::

Rahman: *Really*, now? Well before we get that far, may I ask what's led to all this?

::Rune’s jaw set and even though she felt the urge to shift her weight again, she stood tall.::

Jolara: It has been brought to my attention that it was… crazy and irresponsible. Someone else should have done it or we could have found another way.

Rahman: [tag]

Jolara: Does it matter? He simply verbalized what many others feel.

Rahman: [tag]

Jolara: I would rather not say, Captain.

Rahman: [tag]

:: Rune’s brow creased. ::

Jolara: No, sir, it is not your judgement or decisions I question. It is my own.

Rahman: [tag]

Jolara: Without question, I would do it again.

Rahman: [tag]

...tbc...

Lt. Cmdr. Rune Jolara

  Intelligence Officer - On Leave