[A1-SOL] Lt. Cmdr. DeVeau - "Of Dogs And Cats"

Amanda Nordstrom

Nov 26, 2016, 10:46:27 PM11/26/16
to Invicta

((Astrofori One - Starfleet Officer's Lounge))

DeVeau: Hey there.  Mind if I join you?

::Carter returned the smile and Alora slid into the seat that he indicated even as he spoke.::

Greyson: Feel free. ::He paused and had a sip of his drink.:: So I guess I need to think about a plan. I don't really want to take an LoA, and I don't want to go back to the academy and melt my brain with homework. Any thoughts?

DeVeau: You could request to be placed in a different ship, on a base, or maybe a planet.

::Alora’s orders had been clear, no lengthy down time for her.  It wasn’t that she minded, she liked having something to do, but it surprised her at how many people were given the option.  Even Raissa seemed to contemplate taking a break.  Maybe in the future Alora would, but she was fine continuing her work.:

Greyson: Sounds like that'll be my next move. How about you? You got plans?

DeVeau: I’ve been posted to A1.

::Even though she could have gone elsewhere, Alora didn’t mind the posting.  It wasn’t the Invicta, and she did prefer the excitement of being on a starship, but there were worse places she could have been posted.::

Greyson: Maybe CD's right. Brass doesn't have a sense of humor. He and Devlin say hi, by the way.

::Alora shrugged, then grinned.  It had been a while since she’d chatted with Chythar or seen Devlin, the crazy pup.  There was a good week before she had to report for duty, a semblance of downtime.  Maybe she should go visit him on the Gorkon.::

DeVeau: Well tell him I said hi back.  Maybe I’ll make a quick stop on my way to A1.

Greyson: I am not sure if they're still in the area or if they've shipped out though.

DeVeau: So you really didn’t receive any orders yet?

::That probably ment he would stay on the Invicta then and serve there until told otherwise.

Greyson: Doesn't look like it.

DeVeau: I know you said you didn’t want to take a leave of absence, but it could be beneficial, even if it’s just for a short period of time.

::That was answered with a shake of his head.  Although Carter had already stated he didn’t want to, sometimes people just needed a little prodding.  However, It seemed that he had firmly made up his mind about that option.::

Greyson: Rather not. Took one when I started losing focus because of the Gorkon being missing. They came back, I got posted to the Invicta, and now we're being split up again but that doesn't mean it's an excuse to take yet another LoA.

​DeVeau: Ah, that makes sense.

::It was a shame his previous leave had been because of his concern over the Gorkon.  If she took leave, Alora really hoped it was for a far more pleasant reason.::

DeVeau: Still, it couldn’t hurt, especially if you’ve been stressed lately.

Greyson: Nah. I'm okay. If there's any chance of staying active, I'll take it. Would rather be doing something than nothing, if that makes sense.

DeVeau: Yeah, it does.  I like to keep busy too.  Do you think they’ll keep you on the Invicta then?

Greyson: I dunno. Question. ::and paused for a moment.:: Does Raissa have a preference of cats over dogs, or vise versa? I was thinking of getting her a pet.

::A preference for cats or dogs.  Alora’s eyebrows arched upward at that and she placed an elbow on the table, then rest her chin in her hand.::

DeVeau: You want to get her a pet?  I’m not sure that’s a good idea.

Greyson?

DeVeau: Oh no, it’s not that.  It’s just...well, generally, giving the gift of an animal is not something I would just do.  You’re not just giving them an animal, you’re giving them responsibility.  While Raissa has no problem with animals, she may not necessarily want to own one.  I would suggest you find out if that’s a desire of hers before you just give her one.

Greyson?

DeVeau: Of the two choices, I would suggest cat, but I really think you should talk to her first.

::Not that Gabi had talked to Alora before gifting Sachiko, but it was no secret that Alora adored animals as much as she did plants.  Actually, probably more.::

Greyson?

--
Lt. Cmdr. Alora DeVeau
Chief of Science