[A1-SOL] Lt. Cmdr. DeVeau - "Catching Up With Old Friends"

Amanda Nordstrom

Nov 22, 2016, 8:20:43 PM11/22/16
to Invicta

((Astrofori One - Starfleet Officer's Lounge))

::Clusters of people had scattered since the end of the ceremony.  Some had taken to withdrawing into small groups, conversations abounding about where people were going, what they would be doing.  For some, it was a time of excitement. For Alora, it was a mixed bag, but she was going to make the best of it.:: ::Claiming a second chocolate milkshake (with extra chocolate), something she rarely did as she generally restricted herself to one, Alora wandered about until she came to a familiar face.  A smile sprang in a ready greeting as she approached.::

DeVeau: Hey there.  Mind if I join you?

::Carter returned the smile and Alora slid into the seat that he indicated even as he spoke.::

Greyson: Feel free. ::He paused and had a sip of his drink.:: So I guess I need to think about a plan. I don't really want to take an LoA, and I don't want to go back to the academy and melt my brain with homework. Any thoughts?

DeVeau: You could request to be placed in a different ship, on a base, or maybe a planet.

::Alora’s orders had been clear, no down time for her.  It wasn’t that she minded, she liked having something to do, but it surprised her at how many people were given the option.  Even Raissa seemed to contemplate taking a break.  Maybe in the future Alora would, but she was fine continuing her work.:

Greyson: Sounds like that'll be my next move. How about you? You got plans?

DeVeau: I’ve been posted to A1.

::Even though she could have gone elsewhere, Alora didn’t mind the posting.  It wasn’t the Invicta, and she did prefer the excitement of being on a starship, but there were worse places she could have been posted.::

Greyson: Maybe CD's right. Brass doesn't have a sense of humor. He and Devlin say hi, by the way.

::Alora shrugged, then grinned.  It had been a while since she’d chatted with Chythar or seen Devlin, the crazy pup.  There was a good week before she had to report for duty, a semblance of downtime.  Maybe she should go visit him on the Gorkon.::

DeVeau: Well tell him I said hi back.  Maybe I’ll make a quick stop on my way to A1.

Greyson?

DeVeau: So you really didn’t receive any orders yet?

::That probably ment he would stay on the Invicta then and serve there until told otherwise.

Greyson?

DeVeau: I know you said you didn’t want to take a leave of absence, but it could be beneficial, even if it’s just for a short period of time.

Greyson?

--
Lt. Cmdr. Alora DeVeau
Chief of Science