Ensign Vylaa zh'Tisav: Choose Your Own Adventure

Andrew B

Jan 24, 2023, 11:18:33 AM1/24/23
to Gorkon IC
((Cyrithra Forest))

A Ferengi and an Andorian went camping.  It sounded like the beginning of a joke, but no, it was reality.  The scent of the campfire wafted about the clearing at the whim  It made Vylaa’s antennae tickle where she sat before the flames, while Gnaxac stood nearby.  She could understand why he did that; at least now they were on same level.

Gnaxac: And is this your f-f-first posting?

Vylaa sipped her srjula and savored the tartness for a moment before answering.

zh’Tisav: It is.  I basically went straight from the graduation hall to the spaceport.  Then it was back and forth between Andoria and school for a while, not counting the two semesters spent in seclusion when my children were born.

Well, maybe not straight to the spaceport.  There had been a quick stop for a celebratory drink.  That is required after many years of hard work, after all.

Gnaxac: You have k-k-kids?

zh’Tisav: Three.  A shen and a zhen, they’re twins, and a thaan.  Any children for you?

Thoughts of children and home made the corners of her mouth lift a bit.  But at the same time the light years between them brought a little sadness to her eyes.

Gnaxac: I d-d-don’t. D-d-do you miss yours?

zh’Tisav: Of course.  ::She patted a small pocket over her heart and felt the small holoframe.::  I’ve always got their pictures with me.

Gnaxac: I c-c-can’t imagine how that must feel. Will you v-v-visit them soon?

Vylaa  nodded in the affirmative.  Depending on transports, she’deither make it home or they would visit Palanon.  She did have one sister coming to the moon to work; in fact she would have to sneak away for a few hours to meet her at the port.  So at least she would have a bit of home nearby.  The sometimes annoying bit...

zh’Tisav: Whenever leave allows it.  It’ll be great to see them.  Not just them, but home too.  I haven’t seen the iron hills of L’Uvan in a good many months.  ::She sipped her drink again.  It was starting to cool, much more and it would become unpalatable.::  So, what does a Ferengi engineer do in his free time?  Play the stock markets?

Gnaxac: response

zh’Tisav: That sounds like fun.  Any particular theme of holostory, or does anything go?  Or are you one of those types who writes his own?

Gnaxac: response

Ensign Vylaa zh'Tisav
Engineering Officer
USS Gorkon