Ens Karo Vander - Second Chances, First Impressions (BACKSIM)

1 view

jabbathehutts_lovechild

Jan 28, 2022, 4:23:02 AMJan 28
to USS Gorkon – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Main Engineering, USS Gorkon))

Karo Vander was making an impression in Engineering it seemed. He wasn’t sure yet if it was a good or bad impression. Still, he was enjoying his conversation with the Ferengi Lieutenant – she’d put him at ease, mostly because she was clearly as enthusiastic about engineering systems as he was. Actually, Karo suspected, she was probably MORE enthusiastic.

Vander: I think things are going to be very different for me in this posting. But I like a challenge. ::he paused, his eyes a little suspicious:: One question remains, though…

The Ferengi narrowed her eyes.

Lephi: Fire away! ::smiling:: We love questions around here.

Vander: Who actually is the Chief Engineer?

She seemed to be a little taken aback.

Lephi: Oh. Did uh.. did I not mention that?

Vander: No, I don’t think so. Pretty sure we skipped straight from “warp core admiration” to “micro-inconsistencies in Starfleet tech.”

Lephi: I am the Chief Engineer of the Gorkon, my name is Lieutenant Lephi.

Vander: Ah.

Karo felt his mouth suddenly go a little dry. She was the Chief? And here he was suggesting kicking important bits of equipment? Well, it probably answered his earlier thought about what kind of impression he was making.
Karo stood a little straighter and adopted a more formal tone, wishing he could flatten down his hair or smooth his uniform without making it look ridiculously obvious.

Vander: Thank you for welcoming me on board, Lieutenant Lephi.

Lephi: It is a pleasure to meet you, Ensign Vander, but I'm afraid I must take my leave now. I have to sort out that console without resorting to violence.

Vander: ::wincing:: I’m sorry about that, Lieutenant. If I’d known… ::he cleared his throat:: I can assure you that I won’t be kicking any consoles without express permission from you first.

Lephi: I look forward to working with you in the future, and maybe I could show you Sto’vo’kor at some point.

She didn't wait for the man to reply. The Ferengi picked her PADD back up and made her way to the console once more, ready to work. Karo’s shoulders sagged and he let out a breath. Time to find his quarters, it would probably be safer, as long as he didn’t offend any more senior staff along the way.

Ensign Karo Vander
Engineering
USS Gorkon

Simmed by