Agent Lynas - Morning Shift

Jona ch'Ranni

Aug 31, 2021, 12:19:20 PM8/31/21
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Bisul’s Study, New Sabyk, Darime Colony))

Lynas gulped down the bile rising in his throat for the third time this morning. The short form of Bisul lay on the carpeted floor at the other end of the room lined with floor to ceiling bookshelves. The poor soul was the victim of violence, though Lynas couldn't help thinking that he was a bit of a victim as well. Some undetermined assailant had murdered the innocent man but it was an affront to Lynas as well. New Sabyk was his town - his people's town - and violence against one was violence against all.

Repeated swallowing helped to curb the bad taste flowing at the back of his tongue. He hated the sight of death and what it did to him. It was what had brought an end to his aborted attempt at becoming a healer. He had thought that a position in FedSec on a peaceful colony filled with his own peace-loving people was safe. But he had won the lottery - or rather lost it - today.

The morning had held such promise. The rain was falling beautifully with the grassy plains drinking their fill. The beautiful gray clouds had rolled in at sunrise and showed no sign of dissipating anytime soon. But then the call had come in and the day was ruined. Nothing like this had happened to the Pelians here in over ten years. And, of course, it had to happen on his watch.

He placed a steadying on his leathery brown skin, gently stroking his scalp in thought. His ears - large by most species standards - twitched as if with a mind of their own while he contemplated the gravity of the situation. There had been no choice in the matter. His team was ill-equipped. The call to Starfleet had been made and now their ship was in orbit. Lynas wanted nothing more than to hand over his statement and let them get on with the investigation. He would gladly wash his hands clean of the whole manner. Perhaps that was why he'd felt compelled to wash his hands so many times this morning. It was a subconscious desire to be cleansed of the whole affair.

His ears perked up, though, at the sound of unfamiliar footsteps approaching from the hallway. A small smile of relief pulled at the corners of his mouth as he spotted three Starfleet officers enter the room. He pulled himself up to his full height which really only reached to the two female's shoulders. And forget about the human male. The man with them towered above the diminutive Pelian and looked to be descended from the gods themselves. He'd always held Starfleet officers on a bit of a pedestal. Though it was difficult to understand the wandering spirit of exploration that seemed to motivate the majority of them.

Neathler: Mister Lynas, I presume? I’m Samira Neathler. I hear you have somewhat of a situation on your hands?

Lynas: Yes, ... ::glancing at the woman's collar almost hidden by her coat:: Lieutenant Commander. Welcome. I am Of Darime, Of New Sabyk, Of Roos, Lynas. Agent with FedSec and leading this case. I wish it were under better circumstances that you were here. And who are these with you, please?

Stoyer/Tahna: Response

Lynas: Honored to meet you all. ::pausing for a long inhale of breath and slowly letting it out:: And to the situation you mentioned.

He gestured with a spindly finger pointed at the far end of the room toward the figure prone on the floor.

Lynas: Bisul, our Chief Sakerark. Found deceased this morning. This really is most irregular. Our people are peaceful. All of this is quite unthinkable.

Neathler/Stoyer/Tahna: Response

Lynas: I'm happy to help however I can. Feel free to examine the body if you feel it will aid your investigation.

Neathler/Stoyer/Tahna: Response

--
Lynas
Agent, Federation Security