Ensign Miaxdiso Avoi - Mind Over Matter

1 view

Doz Finch

Dec 6, 2023, 5:28:08 AM12/6/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com, Doz Finch

((The Arehl, Emarni Lake, Andoria))

Miaxdiso’s morning had been a raving success. She’d finished her proposal regarding knocking a wall down in the diplomatic suite, sent it off to M’Rish in a perfectly pink digital envelope curated using her own replicator allowance, and put together a carefully coordinated list of things she and the other girls were going to do in the Arehl later that day, and all before the morning had even really started. But now that she was there, in the midst of her plans, it became clear to her that, Torvi and Xandria being the way they were, those plans were probably going to go out of an airlock.

Ylvor: Mm by the symbiote ponds that is good! ::She took another sip:: Anyway I'd much rather hear about what you both got up to!

Miaxdiso sighed sweetly, enjoying the scents wafting through the air as they moved through the streets, the glacial sparkle of the local lake teasing them on the periphery. She could feel, and hear rather loudly, the other two’s surprise at the presence of vibrant flowers jutting out of precarious corners, on a moon they all believed was incapable of such germination.

Cain: Oh yes, I had a delightful time with the armory inventory. ::Xandria shot her spotted friend a teasing grin.:: I’m sure it was loads more interesting than your trip to a whole new planet. Your turn, Avoi.

Avoi: Well! Naturally I worked through all of the material we have on the Tyrellian Commonwealth and organised it so that when we do actually return to Tyrellian space, I and whoever I work with will be very equipped for whatever diplomatic objectives we may have to work on. Oh! And I put my mark on that diplomatic suite, too. Had a few plants transported from Bajor to liven it up a little. I think the florist called them “Nerak blossoms”. Just lovely!

And if her demolition proposals went through, a small inside garden of the blossoms. Just divine!

Ylvor: Xandria, you should really try this one.. ::Torvi said, handing her drink over to Xandria::

Cain: Trade me.

Their spotted friend swapped drinks and took a sip, the scent of rum tickling gently at the skin beneath Miaxdiso’s nose, and feverishly at the olfactory receptors in the former's mind. Xandria too enjoyed the swapping of flavours, and it was quickly becoming a bacterias paradise.

Ylvor: Ooh that's a spicy galaxy!

Cain: That is good! Here, want to try mine, Princess?

She hesitated, unsure for a moment, then gave in with a wave of a gloved hand.

Avoi: Oh, why not! ::Graciously accepting it, she took a careful sip so as not to ruin her lipstick,:: Oh! ::She groaned,:: that is *wonderful*.

Ylvor: Well that certainly warms up the chest hmm!

Torvi opened up the top of her jacket to let some air in, and

Avoi: Now then, I’ve put together a very strict itinerary, ladies. And I know that you’ll both appreciate the time and effort I put into it. It’s a big place, with a lot to do and see, and one never knows when one might be summoned back to the ship! So I was thinking that our first port of call should be—

Cain’s voice immediately cut across her, causing the Betazoid to nearly choke on her words.

Cain: Ooh, come on, let’s get Ushaan-tors!

Miax huffed at them as they started moving in the direction of a store full of Ushaan-tors and probably other reprehensible articles, too.

Ylvor: Oh I'm in! Need something to go with my Mek'Leth! ::Torvi and Xandria started towards the shop, Torvi turned back with Avoi having stayed behind:: C'mon Max, they are just a different kind of accessory!

Avoi: But, but, but!

Torvi circled back and linked arms with Miax, who tried (albeit weakly) to protest, as they moved forward and into the slightly warmer innards of the store.

Ylvor: We'll be quick, just have to win one in combat, quick in and out. ::Torvi chuckled::

Avoi: Well alright! ::She said, containing a smirk:: Actually, I might seize this opportunity and make a purchase myself. Weapons make for very decent gifts, in a pinch! In fact, I distinctly remember seeing an advertisement once in Idridi in the window of an antiques store, displaying what I think was a Vulcan staff bejewelled in red quartz. I very nearly considered buying it!

Cain: Response

The inside was glimmering, bereft of glamour or anything that could be worn on one's wrist, neck or head, but full of all things sharp and warrior-like. Like a swollen Oscoid, every wall, every corner of the ceiling and every glass cabinet was rammed full of weaponry of all different designs and styles. Runology protruded from some in shades of brown and black, others had family crests stitched into their handles, all crammed together, and seemingly asking to be bought, judging by Torvi and Xandria’s reactions to it all.

Ylvor: Good Call Ensign Cain, you know your crowd.

Avoi: My oh my, that she does!

Cain: Response

Avoi: Since you took it upon yourself to drag us inside here, I think it’s now your responsibility to show us what you think is the best thing in here, and whether or not it’s worth the price they’re asking for. ::She gasped and clapped her hands together:: And we should take pictures of us holding them!

Spinning around, her oily eyes scanned the room like a hawk in search of a fresh meal. Eyeing up what looked best, the most dangerous, the most extravagant.

Cain/Ylvor: Response

Avoi: I’ll bet my tinsel everything in here is the real deal. ::Leaning into them:: I’m told the Arehl is one of the most legitimate locations for all things authentic. I wonder if there is anyone in here we can ask to find this out. Cooey! Hello!?

Batting her icy brinicle eyelashes, she caught sight of a shopkeeper conversing privately, very privately, with a customer, suspicion now bubbling in the Betazoids veins. Gloved hand clasped onto the edge of a cabinet, she peered around the edge. Like wisps floating in the air, she heard the words ~ fight ~ and ~ secret ~, the bottom of her jaw falling open with ferocious intrigue.

Cain/Ylvor: Response

Avoi: ::In a hushed voice:: Something *very* interesting is going on over there.

Cain/Ylvor: Response

--

Ensign Miaxdiso Avoi

Diplomatic Officer