Lt. Gnaxac - Family Fortunes

Elliot Huxtable

Jan 25, 2023, 7:18:06 AM1/25/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Cyrithra Forest))

Gnaxac smiled, well, beamed really; he wasn’t aware previously that Vylaa had kids. He loved children, although he couldn’t eat a whole one by himself.

Gnaxac: I c-c-can’t imagine how that must feel. Will you v-v-visit them soon?

Vylaa nodded in the affirmative, which made Gnaxac’s smile widen; he was vicariously pleased for her.

zh’Tisav: Whenever leave allows it.  It’ll be great to see them.  Not just them, but home too.  I haven’t seen the iron hills of L’Uvan in a good many months.  ::She sipped her drink again.  It was starting to cool, much more and it would become unpalatable.::  So, what does a Ferengi engineer do in his free time?  Play the stock markets?

Gnaxac took a slurp of cola, and smirked as he recalled the last holodeck adventure that he’d run - a horror themed story set in a carnival. Unfortunately he’d died when Alieth hadn’t caught him - it was totally her fault…

Gnaxac: Oh, I spend a lot of t-t-time exploring the holodeck.

zh’Tisav: That sounds like fun.  Any particular theme of holostory, or does anything go?  Or are you one of those types who writes his own?

Gnaxac started to tremble with excitement as his enthusiasm for the holodeck overcame his natural timidity.

Gnaxac: I write my own! My f-f-family’s f-f-fortune came from holodeck programming, so I g-g-grew up around it, although I d-d-don’t do any for the f-f-family business any more.

zh’Tisav: Response

Gnaxac: Mainly horror - I’ve b-b-been delving into the v-v-various cliches and tropes of scary Earth s-s-stories; setting them in old T-t-transylvanian castles, as well as circuses. If there are any And-d-dorian horror tales, let me know!

zh’Tisav: Response

------

Lieutenant Gnaxac

Engineer