Lt. Gnaxac - You've Got To Pick A Pocket Or Two

Genkos Adea

Jun 22, 2024, 8:31:31 AM (7 days ago) Jun 22
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Main Engineering, Deck 16))

Gnaxac headed to the nearest available console and started bringing up the power distribution screen. If Vylaa wanted the sensors boosted, then by the Exchequer, Gnaxac would boost the sensors.

Gnaxac: B-b-best place to start would b-b-be d-d-distributing more power to the sensors, then seeing what else we can d-d-do to extend their range.

Finch: Exactly, love. But the question is whether we try to find some way to boost the power, or whether we take it from somewhere else.

zh’Tisav: response

Doz found a station near Gnaxac and it appeared from peering over her shoulder that she was looking for good places to pilfer a bit of power from.

Finch: We could always divert a bit of power temporarily! Call it a day or two while we figure things out and see if there’s a way to really ham up the power output. I'm all about safety, and since we’re not currently under attack, maybe we have that sort of time at least. Better that than attempting an untested boost. Seen a few dodgy ones in my time.

Gnaxac raised a Ferengi brow at that - he wondered what she was referring to. The old Gnaxac, who was far more timid (hard to imagine, I know), wouldn’t have said anything, however…

Gnaxac: Oh d-d-do tell.

zh’Tisav: Response

A nervous engineer appeared to Doz’s side, and she held his hand as he delivered his report. Gnaxac noted the gesture with a smile - she was such a reassuring presence aboard the Gorkon, and he was glad she was there.

Finch: I remember years ago, on the Marigold, we’d found ourselves in such a pickle that we ended up having to divert power from the showers. We did it unannounced as well—it was almost worth it until our first officer stormed in ten minutes later sporting the wet look. Hah! God that woman loathed us after that.

Gnaxac said nothing but he let out a hearty chuckle - that was quite the amusing little story and he could imagine the half-cleaned officer kicking up quite the stink. It would have been less of a stink if they’d finished their shower.

zh’Tisav: Response

Finch: You wouldn’t believe half the stories. But I’ve plenty of them!

Gnaxac: I’m sure you d-d-do. G-g-go on, p-p-pass the time, tell us another one!

Finch/zh’Tisav: Response

Gnaxac chortled again and then pointed to his own console.

Gnaxac: There was one time I woke up upside d-d-down in a loo…

Finch/zh’Tisav: Response

Lieutenant Gnaxac

Engineer

USS Gorkon